Air Compressor, Tools, etc

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That should be enough air compressor for just about any DIYer. I've managed to get by with smaller compressors most of my life. I'm not familiar with the brand, but it seems to be well rated and I've never had any warranty/return issues with Home Depot.
What do you think about this Harbor Freight 60 gallon 2 stage model for $799?  Do you think that would be better than the single stage Powermate 80 gallon from Home Depot for $899?  What will make more of a difference, the extra 20 gallon capacity or the 2 stage?

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-hp-60-gallon-165-psi-two-stage-air-compressor-93274.html

The two stage will recover faster and due to the higher operating pressure and the higher CFM rating will be less likely to run out of air, especially for just one person using it. The other thing, the 60 gallon compressor will not run as long before​ it fills up, maybe saving a little on the power bill, even though it draws more current.

That said, though, you're looking at only a 90 day warranty instead of the 2-year warranty from Home Depot. Harbor Freight will be glad to sell you an extended warranty, though.

Back