Alarm Security System

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
park, push in parking brake, leave car in D. tell dad to move the car. Laugh a lot. it was a good prank.

what was there reason? it seems simple.

install a toggle switch under the dash where you know where it is, and intrupt the ignition wire. a $5 switch and install it your self Install cost $0
Something to do with no support in the front of the car, but the radiator support is metal. So I didn't want to dig deeper since they really didn't want to do the job.

Guess I need to find another local shop.

But I still think that the Ravelco is worth it.

Sorry, I haven't been on too much recently and lost track of the thread. I spoke to Ravelco recently because a local plumbing company has had several of their vans stolen, but Ravelco no longer sell to shops or previous dealers. It is done by their "in house" installers only similar to Lojack. This would concern me as the owner of a classic vehicle. For the hood lock I would recommend perhaps a rod and custom type shop. It's really straight forward and just requires patience and basic fab skills in some cases.

You can have 15 hidden switches and an alarm , but if the would be thief can get to the solenoid the car is his. I demonstrated this to a customer a couple of weeks ago who had spent 10+ years restoring an early Ranchero. He was not happy.

Sorry, I haven't been on too much recently and lost track of the thread. I spoke to Ravelco recently because a local plumbing company has had several of their vans stolen, but Ravelco no longer sell to shops or previous dealers. It is done by their "in house" installers only similar to Lojack. This would concern me as the owner of a classic vehicle. For the hood lock I would recommend perhaps a rod and custom type shop. It's really straight forward and just requires patience and basic fab skills in some cases.

You can have 15 hidden switches and an alarm , but if the would be thief can get to the solenoid the car is his. I demonstrated this to a customer a couple of weeks ago who had spent 10+ years restoring an early Ranchero. He was not happy.
It's being installed (Ravelco) tomorrow morning and I'll ask the guy about the solenoid. Plus will look around for a rod and custom shop.

Thanks

It's done. I know this might sound crazy but the guy took close to 6 hours for a full install. It should have been 4 hours, but one of the circuits wasn't connected properly and he had to just about pull it apart to correct it.

The system is totally integrated into the wiring system of the car and I'm convinced there's no way my car can be hot wired.

This is one sweet customized system and I would recommend it to others (and no I don't get any referral fees).

So if anyone is interested and living between Virginia to the Northeast contact Chuck http://www.carthiefstoppers.com/.

Tell him Mark with the 73 Mustang referred you.

Just so you know the cost was $469.00. But you really can't put a price on piece of mind.

Back