Alarm System Add On

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Sportsroof Bright Red.

Just completed adding a alarm system.  Over all went pretty smooth.  I had to replace the instrument cluster printed circuit board and IVR so while I was doing that I figure I go ahead and add the system on.  I had already put the door lock actuators in and ran wiring behind the kick plates back when I was doing my restro.  I manage to fit everything in behind the glove box.  Will be adding a trunk release later on.  Below are a few pics along with a video. 

Wiring.jpg

Added 6 circuit fused terminal.

6 Circuit Fuse Terminal.jpg

Alarm System

Alarm System.jpg

Relays for doors, dome light and parking lights

Relays.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any detail on mounting the powered door locks? 
Here is a post from tony-muscle that I got the info from.    I used the actuators that came with the alarm system I used.  I mounted them the same as he did and they work fine.  I'm happy with how everything works.   

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great post :whistling:

I just updated it with a suggestion to use threadlocker blue to avoid the screws that attach the lock rod from coming lose.
:lollerz:      Yes it is. 

Good idea with the thread locker.  I thought of it after I did the passenger side and put the door panel back.  I did do the driver side.    

Back