All About Build Sheets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found another build sheet, It is a 71 H code Grande, the BS says it is a 5A alternator code. Just like the 73 H code bs I have. I checked the assembly manuals, they show 7 different alternators were possible.
Judge, would you mind e-mailing the buildsheets to me? I can PM you my e-mail.

Just what I needed to confirm. I had a ram air build sheet on another computer that crashed and noted F for functional ram air and N for non-functional in my written notes. Someone in a different forum was questioning that and I did not want to respond without confirming my notes. Thank you

For those trying to remove or clean up their build sheets. Use wax and grease remover. Pep boys or any auto paint supplier will have it. Keep it wet if in the car. It will float loose. When out of the car I lay it flat in a 1" deep baking pan, I put about a 1/4" of the wax and grease remover in the pan. The asphalt base will float off in a few days work without hurting the paper or print.

I'm trying to build a spreadsheet to transfer my build sheet information but part of mine is missing. Can someone provide the headings for the following positions: F30, F33, F34, F35. Looking for the column names from the build sheet blank dated Aug. 1972. The sheets do appear different for different years. Lots of pictures are posted but they are not clear when zooming in on the small letters printed on the form.

Thanks

Jeff,

I have a build sheet I found in a junkyard car that was built in late 72 (73 model). I can't read the date of the build sheet blank.

F30 Front End/Steering Wheel Column/Color...COL in field

F33 Front End/Steering Wheel Column...1st Gear Lockout in field

F34 Front End/Steering Wheel Column...Trans in field

F35 Front End/Steering Wheel Column...Type Shift in field

Jeff

I'm trying to build a spreadsheet to transfer my build sheet information but part of mine is missing. Can someone provide the headings for the following positions: F30, F33, F34, F35. Looking for the column names from the build sheet blank dated Aug. 1972. The sheets do appear different for different years. Lots of pictures are posted but they are not clear when zooming in on the small letters printed on the form.

Thanks

I did put together a spreadsheet for the 73s. Feel free to use it to store or forward info using it.
Good work John! I can use this. I'm afraid my sheets are non-existent - but I will look for them.

I did put together a spreadsheet for the 73s. Feel free to use it to store or forward info using it.
Good work John! I can use this. I'm afraid my sheets are non-existent - but I will look for them.
There are a couple of glitches in formatting. I'll repost when I get it fixed.

This is all I found when I pulled the rear seat and carpet out of my car. Not a lot, but at least its something.

Mach1BuildSheet_zpsf0711c70.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a couple of glitches in formatting. I'll repost when I get it fixed.
Reposted on the original location. The formatting is fixed so you can actually enter data.

Anybody have what the various codes were for the different wheels, I have a 72 sports roof and it had cragars on it when I bought it and am interested to know what the original wheels or hubcaps were. My build sheets codes are as follows

Fender skirts - D

Wheel covers - S

Code - blank

- D

- V

Tires are

Code - F

Size E70 X 14

Color - W assuming means whitewalls

I'll try and post my whole build sheet tomorrow. Any helps appreciated.

I will scan my sheet and submit later today. I've also got other original documentation I'll up as well.

I found one sheet driver side foot well with some water damage..

bAxb1iA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back