All About Build Sheets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found 2 in my car. One was under the rear seat and the second was under the driver seat. Both under the carpet. They were not salvageable after 40 yrs there.

-jbojo

I found 2 in my car. One was under the rear seat and the second was under the driver seat. Both under the carpet. They were not salvageable after 40 yrs there.

-jbojo

Mine was under the carpet, driver's side rear floorboard. It was in mostly good condition, I was able to save 80% of it.

Mine were under the carpet on both drivers and passenger sides , passenger was in good shape drivers side was looking a bit sad on the bottom half
Did any of you have to remove the seats to find them? I kinda peeled up the carpet seam a bit last night and looked with a flashlight but didn't find anything yet.

Mine was under the sound deadner and totally un-salvagebale...half of it is still stuck to the floor frame and is legible but not sure how to remove it without destroying it...any ideas?

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was under the sound deadner and totally un-salvagebale...half of it is still stuck to the floor frame and is legible but not sure how to remove it without destroying it...any ideas?

Jeff
Mine was also under the sound deadner in the rear. The front one was between the carpet and sound deadner however they put one of the drivers front seat bolts through it.

-jbojo

Jbojo ,

I restored some buildsheets for some guys at this forum.

It's not a real buildsheet when i finished with it but a PDF.

You can print it for display on a carshow .

I can make you one if you want ??

JB

-jbojo

My 73 Dearborn vert had one under front passenger side front carpet. Nothing left of it except a colorized impression into the floorboard.

I found two copies in my 73 convertible. The 73 Mustangs were supposed to be the last of the Mustang convertibles, so back in 1974 I thought I would go to great lengths to preserve mine. Since I had noticed that some of my parent's older cars had rusted floorboards and trunks I decided to remove the seats and carpets to rustproof the floors. That's when I found both of my copies and preserved them. I don't exactly remember where they were, but I think one was under the rear seat and one under the carpet up front.

Here are pics of them. Between both copies and can make out all of the codes:

Steve - did you ever get the spreadsheet going that you mentioned in this thread? I am specifically looking for alternator codes (Line D, positions 16 and 17 on the build sheet) for 1973 Mustangs. In 1973 there were several alternator types used and I'm trying to figure out which codes go with which alternators.

too bad you cant make an accsess database for the info.

the user would enter the year, plant, body style, and engine code. example 2F03F

and have the spredsheet display all of the data that a car with those specs might have had on the build sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
too bad you cant make an accsess database for the info.

the user would enter the year, plant, body style, and engine code. example 2F03F

and have the spredsheet display all of the data that a car with those specs might have had on the build sheet.
Great idea! This is a very ambitious project. But I also see its value.

Good luck and I'm sure we will all help as much as possible.

Ray

I was able to populate a few cars, but not too many people came back with buildsheets for me to enter. If anyone wants to scan their sheets and send them to me I can enter them in a spreadsheet.

Steve - I'll check and see what I have for 73's.

Iyman - I'm not a database guy and I don't know the first thing about building them. If someone is interested in that, I can help them as much as possible and provide the information I've already collected.

Steve - did you ever get the spreadsheet going that you mentioned in this thread? I am specifically looking for alternator codes (Line D, positions 16 and 17 on the build sheet) for 1973 Mustangs. In 1973 there were several alternator types used and I'm trying to figure out which codes go with which alternators.
Steve,

My '73 has code 7A for the alternator.

Iyman - I'm not a database guy and I don't know the first thing about building them. If someone is interested in that, I can help them as much as possible and provide the information I've already collected.
if I get some free time, I can make a template in Microsoft Accsess and we can enter it.

Steve - 73 L Code, alternator 4G. 72 F code sportsroof, alternator 5A. 72 R code, alternator 5i. 72 F code Mach 1 4V, alternator DA. 72 H code coupe, alternator SA. Lots of options out there apparently.

Iyman - I'll e-mail the spreadsheet over.

Everyone - if you don't mind sharing your buildsheets it will help everyone. I'll delete the serial numbers.

I found another build sheet, It is a 71 H code Grande, the BS says it is a 5A alternator code. Just like the 73 H code bs I have. I checked the assembly manuals, they show 7 different alternators were possible.

Back