All Ford Day, Perth...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1F03H
1F05M
2F05H
Spent a glorious Sunday morning yesterday at the All Ford Day here in Perth. This event is held every 2 years on the last Sunday in October.

I reckon there were over 500 entrants. Amongst the 500 there would have been 40,000 64.5-70’s, I counted 123’s on one hand.

Whilst Greg Heylen’s XY Phase 3 stole the show for most, I felt myself drawn again and again to this magnificent 71 Mach 1, unfortunately couldn’t time my visits well enough to meet the owner.

Enjoy!

Cheers…

…Mickus

IMG_6039.JPG

IMG_6038.jpg

IMG_6040.JPG

IMG_6013.jpg

IMG_6022.jpg

IMG_6023.jpg

Hi Mickus,

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a great day there, and good to see some 123's represented as well.

Speaking of which, that Gold Glow '73 Vert with the Ginger interior, i almost bought back in 2011 when i was on the hunt for a '73 Vert myself. I didn't end up buying it, but i believe it spent a great part of it's life over in China or Japan, and was eventually shipped out to Australia.

Cheers,

Greg.:)

Thank you, Mickus, for sharing it with us - some nice examples from our cars you have shot ::thumb::

@Greg:

Is this Gold Glow?!? Seems to be a bit flatter, more yellowish... But a nice colour though!
Hi Tim,

Yes, if it's the same car i'm thinking about, then it's Gold Glow.

Hey Greg,

The gold 73 vert was quite unique, the owner told me that it was exactly as it arrived. There was no front spoiler or valance, aftermarket reflectors mounted high on the fenders and the side stripe kit that had been applied had the letters OPTICA on the rear quarters where MACH 1 would normally be. OPTICA had been blacked out. Otherwise a very clean vert.

Along with the 71 in the first shots, I was surprised to see how many HPMC's were missing their shock tower braces?

Hey Tim, in retrospect I should take many more photos but, at these shows, I just find myself wandering around aimlessly rubberneckin'.

...Mickus

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Greg,

The gold 73 vert was quite unique, the owner told me that it was exactly as it arrived. There was no front spoiler or valance, aftermarket reflectors mounted high on the fenders and the side stripe kit that had been applied had the letters OPTICA on the rear quarters where MACH 1 would normally be. OPTICA had been blacked out. Otherwise a very clean vert.

Along with the 71 in the first shots, I was surprised to see how many HPMC's were missing their shock tower braces?

Hey Tim, in retrospect I should take many more photos but, at these shows, I just find myself wandering around aimlessly rubberneckin'.

...Mickus
Hey Mickus,

A guy called Kevin from WA was selling the car a few years ago around 2011. I paid to have a report done on the car, but backed out of the sale in search of a better car so to speak. Although that one wasn't too bad in itself. Kevin told me at the time, that the wacky indicator lights on the front fenders and below the bar and reverse lights out back were to do with Japanese road laws over there in driving a classic American car that doesn't fall in line with their laws on lights. It also copped a respray, but the so called Gold Glow color it was shot in, was a bit of a witches brew, and is not a true representation of the original color. Still looks pretty good though.

So yeah, i'm pretty sure it's the same car.How many times it's changed hands since Kevin owned it, i don't know. Here's some pics from back then.

100_3686.jpg100_3687.jpg100_3685.jpg100_3684.jpg100_3683.jpg

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back