All original one owner 73 Mach 1 on eBay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Well he says all original but the air cleaner is not right or did California get the one like the 72 had.

Anyway it is a great survivor with factory paint even though very thin. It even still has the black out around the front marker lights and black frame like my original has.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Mach-I-Fastback-2-Door-/281979386840?forcerrptr=true&hash=item41a747fbd8:g:gdkAAOSwmmxW6n~g&item=281979386840

If you click on a picture in the ad it takes you to his photos that show the Marti and original sales papers.

Very simple car with few options, no tach or gages which is really odd for someone ordering a Mach 1. Radio is wrong but easy fix. Looks totally rust free would save you a ton of money on a restore if looking for a great bone to start with. Looks like the last winner of bid backed out probably someone playing like so many do on eBay.

My drugs are working I am not bidding, lol.

David

Blue_Mach1.jpg

Here is pic of an original 1973 Q code breather cover. I believe it came from a pic on one of this site's threads.

Ray.
Ray that is my car, lol. The digital clock comes from a 74 I am told have one also in a console fits perfect. November is late in the model year change. Remember they switch in July. The emissions requirements are different so they could not switch. I just thought maybe California had different requirements. The air cleaner was gone off my 73 California vert.

Will have to see how a rust free original car stacks up in today's market.

David

Now that is the kind of listing I like to see. Could be just me, but I would be more inclined to spend 9-10K on a car like this just looking at the pictures! It's hiding nothing! The paint is thin in areas, you can see chips, scratches, and normal wear and tear as you would expect to see on a vehicle over 40 years old. The 40K plus "Bling Queen" with the glow in the dark paint is hiding things that will come back to get you later. What is not right on the car are things I feel can be easily changed. If you wanted to add a factory tach or gauges, that would be just like having the "Easy" button from Staples! The chrome air cleaner lid is a 72 only item. All the 72 4bl air cleaner bases had the vacuum motor on the driver side of the housing. The actuator is listed for the 73's. I just haven't seen many with the air cleaner attached vacuum or actuator motor. 72's with IMCO and all 73's have the duct with the flex hose. Another item that is easily rectified.

The "Q" code, 4sp, and AC certainly don't hurt either.

Yep David, better be glad your meds are working. I even got a little weak when I saw what a nice "Survivor" car this one is. :)

Now that is the kind of listing I like to see. Could be just me, but I would be more inclined to spend 9-10K on a car like this just looking at the pictures! It's hiding nothing! The paint is thin in areas, you can see chips, scratches, and normal wear and tear as you would expect to see on a vehicle over 40 years old. The 40K plus "Bling Queen" with the glow in the dark paint is hiding things that will come back to get you later. What is not right on the car are things I feel can be easily changed. If you wanted to add a factory tach or gauges, that would be just like having the "Easy" button from Staples! The chrome air cleaner lid is a 72 only item. All the 72 4bl air cleaner bases had the vacuum motor on the driver side of the housing. The actuator is listed for the 73's. I just haven't seen many with the air cleaner attached vacuum or actuator motor. 72's with IMCO and all 73's have the duct with the flex hose. Another item that is easily rectified.

The "Q" code, 4sp, and AC certainly don't hurt either.

Yep David, better be glad your meds are working. I even got a little weak when I saw what a nice "Survivor" car this one is. :)
+1 ::thumb:::goodpost:

Back