Almost stolen

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirconmach1

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 351 Cleveland, 4 barrel, ram air, 4 speed, factory a/c, 77 k original miles in bright red with black.

Drive it like you stole it!
I stopped back at my house today and noticed my wheels were turned. My car has been under a cover and sitting in front of my 2 car garage for a couple of months now. Typically this time of year it’s tucked away in my car trailer. My son has my trailer at his house for now since he moved into his own house. Anyway, as I was getting back into my truck I noticed my wheels turned I asked my other son to take the cover off and see if the door was unlocked. He said everything to him looked ok. When I got home late tonight I had to look at it myself. As I looked at it the wheels are turned hard right. It’s now sitting a couple of feet further away from the garage door and slightly on a angle. I typically pull in straight, 3 feet from the door and have my wheels straight. Last night it was raining and windy. The only thing I can think of that saved my car was I pull my pick close to it and behind it. The other thing is it’s a 4 speed with a column locked in reverse to removed the key. Tonight my truck is blocking it in. I can’t look at it in the daytime till thanks giving. The wait is killing me, but I have other things I have to attend to. We all love our cars, but family always comes first. Question? I am now in the market for a good car alarm. Any of my fellow Mustang lovers know of a good deterrent to keep the bastards away. Thanks

Thanks, I’ll look for them now. 

You could put a remote motion sensor in it with alarm in the house. Home improvements have them but that does nothing if you are not there. If you have wheels that have slots big enough to pass a chain through that is what I do at motels. I have a brake pedal lock and steering wheel club and then I loop a section of plastic coated chain through my 73 forged aluminum wheels and around the chassis and put pad lock on. I have 4 padlocks keyed alike. I also put a chain through the hood and around the center grill bracket and lock it down. They can still defeat them all but will take a while and will probably look for something easier.

I have motion sensors and video here in shop and around home. I bought 60+ cameras, mounts and control center with DVR recorders when they closed a grocery store was only $200 for all. Same cameras my bank has.

I hate to hear that someone walked onto your property with evil intent in their heart.  Have one of these

as a last resort if the perp is confronted and he decides to escalate the situation by diverting his intent to you instead of the vehicle.

And be aware there may be more then one.

1911 pistol.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back