American Day Car Shows Downunder

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hi to all,

Thought i'd post a couple of Vids that would have some interest and eye candy appeal to Forum members.

The first is the All American Day show and shine, 2013, which was held down in Melbourne, the capital city of the southern State of Victoria.

The second Vid was shot at a local raceway just outside the city of Brisbane, where i live, called Lakeside Raceway. This shoot was the 2015 All American Day show and shine/cruise event. The idea is that you can show and shine your car, and as well get to drive it around the race track with all the other cars at the same time. It's a whole lot of fun, believe me. I didn't take this Video, but by chance, my '73 Vert gets a little look in, as it appears on the right hand side of the screen. I ended up going 'round the track a little later on. Hope you enjoy ...........................

Greg.:)

Thank you all for your replies,

David: Yes, us Aussies love American cars. The numbers of them that have come to Australia over the decades,are legion. There would be thousands of them over here now.When you attend an American classic car show and see them all together, it's very impressive indeed, but getting around the streets on a day by day basis, they are very rare to find.

Elizabeth: Thanks, you would love the classic car shows, and the lovely, sunny weather we get here in Oz.:)

Mark: Glad you enjoyed the vids. Well, the 123's are quite rare over here,but you are starting to see more and more of them coming to Australia in recent times. The '65 to '70 MUSTANG models are very popular of course, and so you see a lot of them at shows etc. For example, at that Lakeside meeting, there were only 3 or 4 , 123's including my two '73's that turned up that day. That's typical. However, the123's have big, big street appeal here in Oz, and that being the case, makes owning one a big deal. That's a nice place to be for us owners.:):)::thumb:: Would that be a similar case in England i wonder?

Lars: Thanks. I believe Sweden has a Sh--load of American cars over there now. I wonder if the Danish folk own a lot as well?:p:p It blew me away at how many 1959 Dodge Custom Royals are over in Sweden at the present for example.

Thanks again folks,

Well, there are many US cars in Denmark.;) Don't have any numbers of how many Greg.:) But there are new imports every year of classic Cars from US?

Regards Lars

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73 ?
Lars,

Maybe Australians, Danes and Swedes have some things in common. We are raiders of fine machinery.:D:D (Vikings one and all).

Let's be honest - America has produced some fantastic cars over the last few decades. Better than the cars we made in our own countries.

However, America has been a throw away society over the decades, so a lot of the beautiful cars they made got trashed and recycled as a matter

of course. Who cared?? Other countries that revered American cars, said yeah Baby!, i'll take that, and grabbed them while they could. Glad it went that way, as

a lot of really great cars got preserved for future generations, and current gens to enjoy as well. Now, Americans say WTF, as they see how many of

their beautiful old cars have gone West to other countries. Think of all the thousands of trashed American cars that could have been saved.:whistling:

They were works of art on wheels, and we will never see that beautiful styling again in our lifetimes. Styling today, has become a futuristic, boring, international clone fest!!!:shootself::shootself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUAENvNuHoA

Hi Greg you are so right ? ::thumb:: Thanks for sharing this one from the Swedish freinds! But I am an English Royal family is my ancestors. From my mother's side of family. But regarding that, the fact it is so awesome stuff of cars that has been shipped to our site of the pond ?;)::thumb::

Regards Lars

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73 ?

Thanks Lars,

Royal blood eh?? I'll have to start calling you Lord Lars then!:p:p

Well, even here in the great white North, from time to time; we will scoot down and come back with some treasure... It costs us due to the strong American $, but those of us from other countries that take these cars and restore them are a special breed indeed. It is definitely true passion when you are willing to part with the kind of coin needed in foreign countries to restore these cars. I always give full props to those of you living offshore who take on this challenge, true dedication! Cheers

image.jpg

Back