Amherstburg Ontario Car Show THIS SUNDAY!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
The Amherstburg On, car show is on this weekend, Sunday the 28th. Close to Windsor, easy to get to from the bridge (Google Maps) 

Usually 6-700 cars fill the main streets, side streets and Park. Lots to see and do. Breakfast usually at the Legion for 8 bucks Cdn.

Weather looks good (but that can change in a heartbeat!!) so hope to see some of you there. Look for my car (and myself), back side of the Park by the block washrooms and kids play area. I'll probably be next to my buddies bright yellow 75 Corvette. Yeah, I know it's a Chevy!

If you plan on coming, be there EARLY, 8 am!! the streets fill up fast. Cost last year was $10 Cdn. per car.

PM me if needed.

Geoff.

That is a bunch of cars for sure.

We use to have to take the BMW engineers to the Windsor Ballet when in Michigan, lol. The things you do to keep the customer happy. HMS Welding also liked to take customers there.

You have to know the area to understand.
Yep!

Looking forward to it. Made it last year and it was a great show.

John J
 John, be sure to look me up. I usually try to get close to the block washroom and kid's play area at the back of the park. Laird Ave S.

If I'm not by the car, I won't be too far away or for too long. Are you bringing your car this year? If you are, I suggest being early as the best spots fill up fast. I'll probably be there around 7:30 - 8. I may be able to save a spot for you, but can't promise.

I'll update this with a map.

Geoff.

https://goo.gl/maps/zNVkdxMeqeFFeEoM6

Last edited by a moderator:
So, other than John J (who didn't bring his car), you missed a good show. Attendance was down a bit this year because of heavy thunder storms passing through the area.

I was told 540 cars did show up. Actually, the weather there was hot and sunny all day, but when we got back home, a different story. I just got my car cooled down and put in the garage when the storms hit again. Another 1" or more of rain to piss the wife off as it cools her swimming pool down too much!!

Hopefully, this show will be on again next year. They're having problems as often happens with volunteer burn-out.

Here's a couple of pics.

Geoff.

https://ibb.co/F30m5ZN
D7-C7-ECAF-BADF-4154-A6-A7-3-BE03-FD68-A0-A.jpg
[/URL]
C498-F348-63-CC-4686-9627-1-E8693-D3-BBA4.jpg

That looks like a good show out there. There was a large annual all Ford show at the Ford of Canada HQ (Oakville, Ontario) yesterday as well. There were approx (8) 71-3’s that showed up, nice turn out. I did not bring a car from Niagara Falls as it was raining heavily, but not in Oakville. Inside the HQ office, they had this 2020 GT500 on display for all to see up close, as well as this nice new Ford GT. Pretty cool...

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a good show out there. There was a large annual all Ford show at the Ford of Canada HQ (Oakville, Ontario) yesterday as well. There were approx (8) 71-3’s that showed up, nice turn out. I did not bring a car from Niagara Falls as it was raining heavily, but not in Oakville. Inside the HQ office, they had this 2020 GT500 on display for all to see up close, as well as this nice new Ford GT. Pretty cool...
Wow! the stuff dreams are made of...…. or winning the lottery!

At my show, I was unfortunately the only one there with a 71-73 (that I knew of). There are plenty around here, but I guess they're all afraid they might rust away overnight. That said, with a car like yours, I wouldn't take it either.

Geoff.

We did get lucky here though, the main storm went north of Windsor, so we only had a light sprinkle to deal with on the way there.

Back