And Christmas crept up on me ...again

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Various
Baahhh Humbug !  :whistling:

Christmas is a reminder that I'm getting closer to death...

... especially when against my will I'm forcibly dragged around all the local shopping Malls, by the genetic disorders that make up my family -  the music makes me feel like I am actually living in hell....thus death would be a sweet reprieve.   :classic_dry:  
When you've been in the fifth shop and Cliff "effing" Richard is on the speakers again, you know you are getting real close to planning how to murder all those songwriters. .... I don't know how the people working in the shops, that are forced to listen to that puerile, sickening, arse gravy all day; don't go insane and begin throwing products at passers by .  :classic_huh:

What makes me go into my typical Grinch like rage, is this expectation that you're supposed be perpetually enjoying yourself - when we all know it is ALL enforced happiness. ...and at MY expense. 
What is more irritating is those people who count how many shopping days before Xmas,  :help:

.,..and then you are pressurised and harassed to go out and buy loads of shit neither you or any one else would like  :congratz:

aaaaarrgghhh!HH!H! !  :classic_wacko:  "play that Christmas music once more time and I'll GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!

image_2021-12-24_195814.png

:biggrin:

When I'm mad I'm told to just hit a pillow 

Merry Xmas 

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it you're not having a good day!! Shut your eye, cover your ears and it'll all be over before you know it and then back to normal,,,, whatever that is.

Have a great Christmas and then go play with your Chevy thing...

Nice car by the way.

I had to google Cliff Richard.   Luckily I only listened for 30 seconds.  IMHO Celine Dion is worse.   

Music aside shopping was a bit of a pain this year.  Lots of folks in my circle are hard to shop for, so I normally get them random locally made stuff.  That stuff comes from small business that were absolutely crushed by COVID policies.

Looking forward to some good meals and random drinks!

I had to google Cliff Richard.   Luckily I only listened for 30 seconds.  IMHO Celine Dion is worse.   

Music aside shopping was a bit of a pain this year.  Lots of folks in my circle are hard to shop for, so I normally get them random locally made stuff.  That stuff comes from small business that were absolutely crushed by COVID policies.

Looking forward to some good meals and random drinks!
 Hmm, Cliff Richard was like England's Elvis Presley, only not on the same level. Celine Dion is Canadian btw and she made way more money than Richard.

I did things differently this year; instead of the usual tree planting dedication I make for each person, I decided to dedicate a part for my 73 rebirth. Love the new shorty headers, thanks mom and dad; and the new trans mounts, thanks honey. I got mixed reactions . . . Merry Christmas, Steve.

Just wait for Boxing Day; then things will get even worse!

And I wish you a Merry Bah Humbug!

5 hours ago, 1sostatic said:

Baahhh Humbug !  :whistling:

Christmas is a reminder that I'm getting closer to death...

... especially when against my will I'm forcibly dragged around all the local shopping Malls, by the genetic disorders that make up my family -  the music makes me feel like I am actually living in hell....thus death would be a sweet reprieve.   :classic_dry:  
When you've been in the fifth shop and Cliff "effing" Richard is on the speakers again, you know you are getting real close to planning how to murder all those songwriters. .... I don't know how the people working in the shops, that are forced to listen to that puerile, sickening, arse gravy all day; don't go insane and begin throwing products at passers by .  :classic_huh:

What makes me go into my typical Grinch like rage, is this expectation that you're supposed be perpetually enjoying yourself - when we all know it is ALL enforced happiness. ...and at MY expense. 
What is more irritating is those people who count how many shopping days before Xmas,  :help:

.,..and then you are pressurised and harassed to go out and buy loads of shit neither you or any one else would like  :congratz:

aaaaarrgghhh!HH!H! !  :classic_wacko:  "play that Christmas music once more time and I'll GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!

View attachment 57415

:biggrin:

When I'm mad I'm told to just hit a pillow 

I totally understand you. My wife says that I am the Grinch, but Christmas in modern times has lost all meaning and has devolved into a commercial holiday to just buy stuff for friends and family that they do not need or want, and for you to get a bunch of stuff that you do not need or want. Half of it will for sure end in the garbage can. I wish we could go back to true meaning of Christmas and celebrate it as it used to be celebrated...

, I decided to dedicate a part for my 73 rebirth. Love the new shorty headers, thanks mom and dad; and the new trans mounts, thanks honey. I got mixed reactions . . . Merry Christmas, Steve.
Now THAT is a Christmas -- why cant all the shopping centres ( I think you guys call them strip Malls )  be Motor Part bargain shops ?

30 seconds is enough to cause someone from the good ol US of A, years of expensive therapy ...I'm surprised there haven't been more lawsuits
You guys in the northern hemisphere had it good with Cliff Richards. I grew up in the lower half of the hemisphere and had to listen to "El Burrito Sabanero" every Christmas on a permanent loop, and Christmas for most of Latin America is much longer, it starts in early December and really does not end till "la Candelaria", where they burn all the Christmas trees in huge bonfires on February 2nd. There used to be a vinyl record of this thing that was like a "long" version that was like 30 minutes long. When it ended they just put it on again. I have permanent PTSD from this, if I hear this song I immediately get physically sick, and need to run as fast as I can from wherever they are playing it. Thankfully no one in the USA plays this thing. I still have nightmares of this Donkey ("burrito") chasing me and trying to kill me! Here it is for those that want to suffer a bit:

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in November then on Dec 19th, my wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I think I will try to enjoy Christmas today with my family, you should too, no one knows what tomorrow holds.... Merry Christmas.

7173Vert, Enjoy your Christmas with family and know our thoughts are with you. Chuck

7173vert. Ken, while we've all been having a bit of fun with this post, your post bought us and especially myself, back to reality. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. Tell her to stay positive and believe she can beat this brain tumor.

I have a good friend and fellow "car guy" who had brain cancer and has beaten it. He went through hell and back, but he's now cancer free and driving his classic again. It can be done. Just believe! 

In the meantime, enjoy your Christmas with your family.

Geoff.

Wife & I do things a little differant for the last many years to take the stress out of Christmas. There is no gift shopping for anyone. There's only gifting for the little one's. 

Since a lot of our close family do camping, we all pick a warm place in the states somewhere and sit around the campfire under the star's a few nights.  This year we did Cave Creek AZ. Our family is scattered between PA and NV so it's not hard to do.

Back