Annual madness in DC

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 2003 Cobra coupe
No - not getting a budget passed in Congress. It's the time of year a zillion tourists come out to see my sprint or the cherry blossoms - I'm not sure which.

sprint2011blossoms 002.jpg

Must be the Sprint, who cares about cherry blossoms? :D

Actually I never had anybody bow before my car! (Left of pic!!) Priceless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be the Sprint, who cares about cherry blossoms? :D

Actually I never had anybody bow before my car! (Left of pic!!) Priceless!
I've had someone bow before my car - and that's a true story! I got the car Australian registered in January last year and on one of the very first drives around town a stocky guy with a ponytail about twenty years old stopped dead on the side-walk, knelt down on one knee and gave three big "I'm not worthy" bows facing my car as I passed him. He put so much exaggerated effort into the bows that I swear his face was touching the ground - I gave him the thumbs-up and couldn't stop laughing about it for the rest of the drive. :D

Mines a Sprint too underneath all that yellow, so I'm starting to see a common bowing theme happening here, and as the power goes slowly to my head then soon I will expect to be worshipped by my fellow 7173 peers here also...... :udaman:

Yes - do the parade every year (since 2004 with the sprint). Here is me and Ms. Vermont 1972 last year.
Just curious, when my car was young back in the 70's I used it in a few parades and let the people put their feet on the back seat and sit on the narrow edge on the top of the back seat. With the original upholstery aging I would be concerned about peopling standing on the seat and ripping out the seams. Do you take any precautions, like take the rear seat out or any other protection?

Yes - do the parade every year (since 2004 with the sprint). Here is me and Ms. Vermont 1972 last year.
Just curious, when my car was young back in the 70's I used it in a few parades and let the people put their feet on the back seat and sit on the narrow edge on the top of the back seat. With the original upholstery aging I would be concerned about peopling standing on the seat and ripping out the seams. Do you take any precautions, like take the rear seat out or any other protection?
I just throw a blanket on the seat and the ladies take off their high heels. Then later that evening .......... LOL

Seriously I have never had a problem but I am careful since my car has the original seat material which cannot not be bought anywhere. The seat covers TMI has are sort a cross between the convertible and fastback/coupe material.

dcphoto 078.jpg

Back