Another idiot crashed doing a burn out after show

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Yesterday was our local Shriner's charity car show and we had over 200 attend even with rain early in morning and rain at the end. 

After the auction of some great items and the 50/50 drawing that was over $500 to the winner which he gave right back for the Kids hospital. Everyone gets in cars and starts to leave. Maybe half of the cars had already left. When I get out to the front to the road I am about 30 cars back and here comes a fire truck from just up the road. The guys direct  us out another road and as I go by can see a new red Roush Mustang with the left front fender and hood kissing a utility pole. It had been autographed by a bunch of different people at Roush and Yates racing under the front. Was spotless of course.

It amazes me that people that buy these, GT Mustangs, Roush and Shelby Mustangs do not know who to drive them. They turn the traction control off to do a wicked burn out then take out someone's car or crash their car. You see them on youtube all the time. 

It is amazing how many people go buy new cars and take to antique car shows. Some here do limit how new they can be. I think there are only 3 or 4 of us in our Mustang club that work on our cars. Everyone else just pays someone or has a new one. 

But they did raise several thousand dollars that all went to the Shriner's Children's Hospital in Greenville, S.C.. 

As usual I was only 71 - 73 Mustang there. No pics forgot camera.

If someone from the host of the show puts up a pic I will post.

Have a look at this from our local ratrod show...how much 'stupid' do you see in it?

Our local petrol heads heard of this -- tragic 

I do like this Chevy - especially when someone hasn't cut a hole in the hood and nailed that galactically stupid air inlet and super to it 

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't speak about the crashes, but, I can comment on the lack of representation of our 71-73s. Sorry to hear that you were the only representation at the show you attended. Just today I went to a local show that was sponsored by the local Mustang Club. Being as I am working on getting my vehicle back to "drive around" condition, I thought I could look at a few 71-73's and talk shop.

Not a single 71-73 in the whole group. Seems that interest stops at 1970 (or a little earlier) and then skips a few decades. Loved looking at the 64-70 vehicles but after you skip to the next group it seemed like it was more of a "look what I bought" show. Sad....

I hope you got the award for Best in Class. This is not a new lack of representation though. Reminds me of time back in the late 1990s when I went to a show, saw the lack of 71-73s, ran home and put a drivers seat in my 73, drove it down without tabs and current registration, paid entry, and "bought" a Best in Class" trophy for $20.00. Thinking if I towed my 73 down and pushed it into the parking lot, I could have another trophy.

Here's to the Class of 71-73. That's why I'm here. ::thumb::

Someone posted that it was a burn out gone bad. Woman also got hurt think her arm was across center of steering wheel blew air bag and you know where that arm ends up going. 

I see idiots riding with their feet up on the dash board on the passenger side. I can see two feet and legs getting rammed down your throat when the air bags blow.

David,

Just imagine the airbag going off while taking a nice big slug from one of those tall aluminum car coffee cups?

Back