Another newbie from MN

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrshog

Reaction score
My Car
Looking
Hi all,

Just getting around to formally introducing myself. I just pulled the trigger on a '71 convertible. I have been thinking about this day since I was 13. I have owned 3 Mustangs in the past: '74, '75, '82 none of which filled the need or the definition of a muscle car. The '82 GLX being the closest. This one should. Thanks to those that chimed in earlier on the car before I bought it. I have not seen the car. Only pictures. It should be on a truck making the trek from South Florida today. Thanks to Don at OMS I already have the side stripes and the rear spoiler. Below are some pics of the car that I received from the dealer, however, they painted the front chrome trim to match the car and aligned the front end for me.

Wish me luck!

71_Ford_Mustang_Redandblack_Convertible3.JPG

71_Ford_Mustang_Redandblack_Convertible4.JPG

71_Ford_Mustang_Redandblack_Convertible1.JPG

29710400-187-undefined.jpg

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Looks like a very nice car. Enjoy! When is the due date?

Welcome from West Texas! Nice freaken car!! ::welcome::

I am totally sympathetic to the 'since you were 13' sentiment... mine was haunting me since I was about the same age. My first car was an '82 GL hatch (2.3L, auto, white walls, wire-wheel 'caps, woodgrain, and 'Desert Sand'), that I made look like a GT - still miss that little car.

Can't wait to see it with the stripes and spoiler! ::thumb::

No, i was originally a 302. The 429 is connected to a built C6 and a 9" posi rear end with 3.31 gears.

I am waiting on a call from the driver delivering the car to get the delivery date.

::welcome:: from South Carolina and the '71 vert club.

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

I remember when you posted pics before. Good move having the chrome trim painted. It will look much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back