another version of Nasa Hood paint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing beats the factory stripes and hood blackout on the 71-72s. My brother paints cars for a living and said I can pick whatever modifications I want. I can't visualize anything better/cooler than the stock Mach 1 look. Of course with a built engine, big ass tires and loud exhaust!

What do u think? I'm on the Fence.

Brad

3K73
Long since this been on but think it is wild. Mine, very conventional, I think.

It looks like a bra with its boobs hanging out.
Now that I like. LOL

That's one fence I wouldn't ever climb over. Nope not on my car or any car I care about. As somebody else said it looks like something on a MOPAR not a FORD.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's my understanding that car manufacturers offered blacked out hood paint treatments to mimic what road race and sports cars were doing to minimize hood glare to the race drivers. Obviously, if one were to use his car to drag race, blacked out hoods are a mute point, and custom paint schemes are common. To me, the Machs and Bosses have a certain pedigree of image that makes me agree with the majority of you, that changing the hood paint treatment from how it was built, looks inappropriate. It's fair game though, to Photoshop ideas . Nothing wrong with having some visual fun.

Back