Any 71-73 Aftermarket Shock Towe/Monte Carlo Braces?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4mm

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang 351C 4V Fastback
Hi All,

I my quest to stiffen up the chassis better than stock I am looking for a stout Monte Carlo/Export brace. I currently have the MPG setup (also had the TCP on the 70) but I really like the look of the Maier Racing shock tower brace (one piece). To me the OEM braces are too wide and cover up too much of our beautiful engine bay.

Any other options out there and/or any of you guys custom fabbed anything?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. That's nice but it resembles the one from MPG HEADS. I'm looking for a one piece tubular type.

I bought the one piece one from NPD but I haven't tried it yet still restoring the car, it might not clear the distributor as its straight, might cut it and weld in a half hoop if its too tight straight.

If it's a one piece export/monte carlo brace can you post the link or part number? I couldn't find it. TIA.

the monte carlo bars sold for our cars may not fit. I bought one and it was short.

Shock tower bracing is important-and removing the factory style for something that gives more engine access has been very helpful for me, but for handling improvement, you should also take a look at the mount for the lower control arm. It is flimsy looking to me. Since the point of bracing everything up is to get repeatable suspension movement, I think we should also consider additional bracing down under the car too.

I completely agree Jeff, it would be nice is somebody like Maier Racing could step up and produce something for us.

Back