Any ideas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach I
The last time I was in Belgium, I snap a photo of an unusual Ford convertible.  Never did get close enough to speak to the owner.  Often wondered what this car was.  Only knew that it looked like a factory Ford product.  Any one have any ideas what this is?  Features?  Costs, etc??

Mac

2006_0427April280082.JPG

My wife had one Ford Ka years ago. The engine and trans were quite robust, maintenance free. Each and every year, I had to replace some metal on it to pass the tech control.
Not even 10 years old, I already had patched the floors, rear wheel arches (behind plastic), replaced the quarter with tank filler, fenders and the last year I had to patch the frame, which you could take out with your hands as if it was some dried out cookie. They were extremely loved by women over here and you saw there everywhere, but the massive lack of metal quality made them vanished as fast as they appeared.
It went away for $50 and had to ask many car recycling companies to come get it, most refused to give anything for it, knowing there was only few onces of metal left and nothing valuable to cover the labor/costs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back