Any motorcycle riders here?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me a nice ride on a beautiful day is great therapy. You never see a bike parked in front of a psychiatrist's office.
Amen to that!

Been there, done it, got the shirt!! LOL!

384883_3508247719296_102010004_n_zpsc7aabf93.jpg

I'm two weeks into being bikeless and it suuuccckkks. Just sold my GSX1100 and am looking for something else to take me to an all new near-death experience.

My list of bikes that I have owned goes something like this;

Honda 300 "Dream" <--- selling it is my biggest regret

TT500

C125

C90

S185

250R

CR600R

Yamaha 900 "Midnight Special" <---- Biggest turd

V65 <--- 83 1/2 premoritorium, my all time favorite

V-MAX

CBR1100 "Blackbird"

GSX1100

I'm kinda eyeballing the Hyabusa, the wife wants a cruiser. Uh oh.

I'm two weeks into being bikeless and it suuuccckkks. Just sold my GSX1100 and am looking for something else to take me to an all new near-death experience.
A '95 GSXR1100 was my second sport bike. A bit of a porker but a fun bike.

It's the bike I was on when I broke my leg in four places. Not the bike's fault. A load of gravel in the middle of a 55 MPH curve at night can be an adventure.

My list of bikes that I have owned goes something like this;

Honda 300 "Dream" <--- selling it is my biggest regret

TT500

C125

C90

S185

250R

CR600R

Yamaha 900 "Midnight Special" <---- Biggest turd

V65 <--- 83 1/2 premoritorium, my all time favorite

V-MAX

CBR1100 "Blackbird"

GSX1100

I'm kinda eyeballing the Hyabusa, the wife wants a cruiser. Uh oh.
Get a Busa and a Harley. Winner :D

"A bit of a porker but a fun bike" --- Kinda one of the things that made it lose points in my mind, it can be a porker, especially when it gets forced down to going slow. It just always got grumpy out of it's element. But they are what they are. I dug the CBR but got offered nearly thrice it's worth by an idiot needing a paint job for his ego. It was a "no-brainer" sale. I've heard the busa can get "twitchy" but some things must be learned for oneself. The wife says I'm too old for "that" kinda bike anymore and has been dropping hints about an M109 she saw. Ugh. and Harley's are right out, been there, done that too, I like to ride a bike more than once between repairs.

"A bit of a porker but a fun bike" --- Kinda one of the things that made it lose points in my mind, it can be a porker, especially when it gets forced down to going slow. It just always got grumpy out of it's element. But they are what they are. I dug the CBR but got offered nearly thrice it's worth by an idiot needing a paint job for his ego. It was a "no-brainer" sale. I've heard the busa can get "twitchy" but some things must be learned for oneself. The wife says I'm too old for "that" kinda bike anymore and has been dropping hints about an M109 she saw. Ugh. and Harley's are right out, been there, done that too, I like to ride a bike more than once between repairs.
I would say HDs don't require any more maintenance than Rice Rockets and much less then Coffee grinders. Some Harley parts are cheaper than the Jap stuff and that's even here in Aus where we pay a premium for parts. Price up clutch and brake throttle cables and parts you may be suprised

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be getting a 1985 Suzuki GV1200 GLF Madura as a project very soon. A good friend of mine passed away recently, and his wife needs the money.

Problem is, I don't need (or really want) a bike at this point in the game. With the Jeep and Mach 1, I might be forced to make a decision if I did want to keep the bike. The other issue is that it'll become a "money pit" project, in that I will never get any kind of profit out of the deal were I to restore it back to running order... let alone go further and make it nice.

My first bike was a 1980-ish Honda CB 450SC that I first learned how to ride on... and that transitioned into a 1982 Kawasaki GPz-550S. After almost losing it slowing down to enter the main gate at Holloman AFB, NM, I backed out of the deal and bought my '82 Mustang the next day. About 6 years later, I rode my pal Garey's Madura. He'd just picked up a 700 Intruder for his BIL and wanted to take it on a short cruise to check it out - and asked me to ride his Madura for solidarity - couldn't pass it up, of course and had a ball.

That's why I'm having a hard time making the decision: it's my friend's bike and I've actually ridden it (so there's sentimental value), and she really needs the money (which I kinda want to help more than just try to find a buyer - which may never happen)... but practicality and reality says, "leave it alone."

My other 'toy' is a 1993 Honda VFR750, 94hp to the rear wheel, and low 12's in the 1/4 mile.

Kill Boy front.jpg

Well, I'm now the proud owner of an 1165cc paper weight.

Here's the brochure picture - I still need to get a current pic, so I know exactly what I'm in for:

pg11_900.jpg

My other 'toy' is a 1993 Honda VFR750, 94hp to the rear wheel, and low 12's in the 1/4 mile.
I was on the Dragon just yesterday late morning on my sidecar rig. I need to look and see if there are any pictures of me.

Cool..Like bikes my self..My list of bikes is very odd to say the least..lol

Grew up riding a 125 yamaha

Then got a Harley 175 sx endro i road for a long time

a Hodaka 125

Then " miss them badly" Had a BSA 250cc scrambler and a matching Triump 250 single dirt bike

A 1977 iron head

A part owner in a evo springer i helped my dad with the down payment..He sold it a few years ago and gave me my money back

1986'ish husky 400 two stroke water cooled...still got it:)

a funky 1962 harley topper than a old biker guy i knew " he passed on" built it and called it the spree eater..I hope to either finish the spree eater in his name or part it out..cause harley topper parts are worth a bunch..lol..he stuck a big honda cb350 engine on it..Still as plenty of compression and did run ..He use to have a tractor seat on it..and some one took it before i got my hands on the little bike...My project i'm thinking about finishing " among many"

Picture of me below on the evo springer...It sure road good thou...and i think i got a pic of the old topper and husky some where too ill post.

0120091536.jpg

meonhog.jpg

Cool..Like bikes my self..My list of bikes is very odd to say the least..lol

Grew up riding a 125 yamaha

Then got a Harley 175 sx endro i road for a long time

a Hodaka 125

Then " miss them badly" Had a BSA 250cc scrambler and a matching Triump 250 single dirt bike

A 1977 iron head

A part owner in a evo springer i helped my dad with the down payment..He sold it a few years ago and gave me my money back

1986'ish husky 400 two stroke water cooled...still got it:)

a funky 1962 harley topper than a old biker guy i knew " he passed on" built it and called it the spree eater..I hope to either finish the spree eater in his name or part it out..cause harley topper parts are worth a bunch..lol..he stuck a big honda cb350 engine on it..Still as plenty of compression and did run ..He use to have a tractor seat on it..and some one took it before i got my hands on the little bike...My project i'm thinking about finishing " among many"

Picture of me below on the evo springer...It sure road good thou...and i think i got a pic of the old topper and husky some where too ill post.
Springers are sweet 1 of my favs for sure

Here is my latest ride, 2012 HD Roadglide Ultra. Getting ready to do a trip to Nova Scotia in 3 weeks!

33jhl6e.jpg
[/img]

I am a bikeoholic, this is my stable as of now

2005 Triumph Rocket3

2011 Can Am Spyder

2007 Heritage Softail Classic

2009 Ninja500r

99 Honda Blackbird 1100

and i like them all:D

I had a VF1000R which was a rocket with a wobbly frame design, a Kenny Roberts RZ400 which was a mint example and a light weight rocket with an on-off switch for a throttle, a Ducati 907ie which was more beautiful to look at than ride because the thumping vibrations in the solid alum bars made my hands numb after 20mins. my favorite was the XR75 when i was 10yrs old. Man that thing was the fastest bike in the world to me at the time! heh heh Hey, anyone interested in my Vanson Sport Rider jacket or my Daytona Travel star GTX boots? Wore the boots once on a day trip because i thought it might rain. Wore the jacket on a number of trips and it is awesome. Dont have any bikes anymore. gave away my 2 Arai helmets to a friend who was wearing a cheap 3/4 helmet cause he's young and doesnt know better. Also have a pair of RKA waterproof saddlebags that are like new as well. you BMW guys would like the boots and saddle bags...you guys seem to ride in any kind of weather! The rocket riders would like the Vanson. Comes with full pads and back protector. top quality life savin stuff. not a scratchon 'em. oh...the jacket is a 42, I am no longer a 42. HA! the boots are 10 1/2...anyone has interest send me an IB...very low prices on these.

We are currently on our way to Sturgis for the National Sidecar Rally. We should arrive tomorrow.

Back