Any of you gear heads into old photo equipment?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
From what I could find out this camera was made 1900 just before Eastman Kodak bought the company out. It was at a local Goodwill and was $25.00. It is missing the lens but can be bought. Your film could be glass or they have sheet film holders also. 

With the large format cameras you did not need and enlarger you did contact prints so very clear pictures with no distortion. You can tilt and turn the camera to take parallax out of photo like looking up at a tall building. 

Did not have the base used in studio either. They are usually cast iron and ornate.

Will see if local collector here at camera shop wants it. A smaller one on ebay is $1,500 but also has lens.

It is a Century No.7 if anyone of you know anything about them let me know.  

I have seen several very old cameras turn up at the Goodwill here. I bought my video equipment there and when I got home and looked up all the pieces it was over $10,000 and I got at silent auction for $800. We have lots of wealthy people dying here and lots expensive stuff goes to Goodwill.

I like old stuff.

Cool find, David. A lot a great photographs were taken with large format cameras. Ansel Adams used 8"x10" and 4"x5" cameras for most of his famous landscape photographs.

Back