Anyone feeling adventurous?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
We had a minor software update that added a few cool features!  I was able to keep the forum themes looking the same but you may have to re-select Dark Road if you were living on the dark side! 

Another cool feature is an optional grid style forum index page!  You can toggle the buttons next to the Start a Topic button for a hidden surprise!  (See the screen capture below!)

We added a share and referral system that will help us reach more new members and track new members that you linked to!  Nothing in stone yet, but there could be a prize for the member that recruits the most new members!!!  Just sayin'!!  You can send invites from the Tell a Friend box in the side bar on the index page!

...And the BIG ONE!!  We added an all new Garage System to help showcase, display and track your car(s)!!  You can add vehicle info, specs, photos and also list modifications with great detail!  Click the GARAGE link up top in the nav bar and get started! 

On a side note...the Member Map is off line for a few days until the updated version rolls out...there should be no loss in existing markers but there may be some new features!

I'm sure there are other Easter Eggs in this new version just waiting to be discovered...if you see something cool, post about it here!

forum_disp.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ArtBBQ

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1 M Code
I normally use Tapatalk to access the forum. The changes made have messed with that unfortunately do I can't use it any longer. Hopefully Tapatalk updates their side soon.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
I must be inhaling too many paint fumes lately - how do I select Dark Road again?  I can't seem to find it...
Look for THEME at the bottom of every forum page...click it and select Dark Road.

I normally use Tapatalk to access the forum. The changes made have messed with that unfortunately do I can't use it any longer. Hopefully Tapatalk updates their side soon.
We are actually trying to cut ties with Tapatalk due to possible connections to China and security concerns.  Have you tried our new responsive theme on smaller devices?  It is pretty seamless and functional!  We also have an app ready to roll out from Invision that is safe and secure but not sure how much like Tapa it is...I can get you to demo it in a few days hopefully...if you are interested?

Reaction score
My Car
1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/408C stroker
I also have been using Tapatalk, in addition to the desktop, but have not been able since last week. I am starting to get used to accessing it via the browser in my phone.

Edit: I just uninstalled Tapatalk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
The big benefit of tapatalk for me is that I use it to access multiple forums, also ones that do not have a great browser UI. With tapatalk I have them all in one convenient place and accessing is also very easy. The 7173Mustangs forum has now become an exception and eventhough the UI is better than before on my cell, it's still not as easy as tapatalk. Personally I find myself visiting the forum a lot less fequent.

Having all that said I realise maintaining the plugin for just a few users would be too costly so I understand if it doesn't come back if it's too much...

Thanks for the time you put into the forum.

Vincent.

ArtBBQ

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1 M Code
Look for THEME at the bottom of every forum page...click it and select Dark Road.

We are actually trying to cut ties with Tapatalk due to possible connections to China and security concerns.  Have you tried our new responsive theme on smaller devices?  It is pretty seamless and functional!  We also have an app ready to roll out from Invision that is safe and secure but not sure how much like Tapa it is...I can get you to demo it in a few days hopefully...if you are interested?
Sure I'm up for trying just about anything. A couple of the other forums that I visit have done the same thing. I didn't realize there was a China connection in there. Kudos for breaking ties