Anyone go with Lloyd's mats?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSTL

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang fastback 351w c4 tranny being worked into a resto-mod.
Pretty much just the title. Was eyeing up the different styles and curious if anyone flipped the extra cash over for these. They look really nice from what pictures show. But looking and feeling are 2 different things in quality!

Found a set on Craigslist for $50. They are very nice. Thick pile, nice heavy feel to them. I got the black with with the running horse on them.

I was partial to the running horse and the mustang script to match the emblem. You ended up with a great deal for 50 bucks! The new ones are twice the cost for just the fronts.

Right on jpaz! Thanks for the input. You by any chance know which ones you picked up? There are I believe 4 or 5 different styles. Velourtex, luxe, ultimat, and a classic loop style I know I can remember. I was looking at the thickness and that luxe one is crazy and not really what I'm going for. The velourtex looks pretty slick, though. And I was thinking it might be a nice pop of a texture contrast against the replacement acc loop carpet I'm putting in. The way I see it if I'm going to go above and beyond, it might as well be noticeable!

Right on jpaz! Thanks for the input. You by any chance know which ones you picked up? There are I believe 4 or 5 different styles. Velourtex, luxe, ultimat, and a classic loop style I know I can remember. I was looking at the thickness and that luxe one is crazy and not really what I'm going for. The velourtex looks pretty slick, though. And I was thinking it might be a nice pop of a texture contrast against the replacement acc loop carpet I'm putting in. The way I see it if I'm going to go above and beyond, it might as well be noticeable!
Ya BrewSTL, I got mine from CJ Pony Parts. They are the 64-73 CP/FB Black w/ Mach 1 Logo Plush FLC, (that's what is on the sales order sheet). I think the stock number is FM68B. I got the front & back set for 89.99 last year. They are really sweet & I hope this helps!

I also went with the Mach 1 mats - absolutely love 'em! ::thumb::

Of course, mine's a bit of a restomod and I decided to go with the ACC cut-pile carpet as well, mostly since I'm not a fan of the factory 'loop' carpet anyway (seen to many unravels with that stuff).

Not a very good pic, but here are mine (the two white blobs were a couple of gravel rocks I'd shipped in when I moved the car, and were immediately removed moments after the pic):

attachment.php

Hope that helps.

I like it! Also like the door inserts as opposed to the wood grain!

Thanks! I used 3M Di-Noc Black Carbon Fiber vinyl for the covering, and some door panel Tri-bar Mustang emblems just to have something "Mustang" inside the car (it literally doesn't say "Mustang" anywhere on the Mach 1s, and the only emblem is the grille emblem - beyond that, nada). I've never been a fan of the wood grain, either.

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

Yeah, for me I see the wood and always ask myself where it fits in with the design? For a purist I understand going back to what was there. I'm more of the make it my own mindset, though. I just recently took my gauge bezel apart and rattle canned it for more of a polished stainless look. The carbon fiber look just goes with these cars beautifully in my opinion. I upholstered my rear deck in a carbon fiber vinyl and love the results. I will take a few snapshots whenever I'm back in the garage.

Oh and as an update I picked up a set of the "ultimat" lloyd mats with the silver mustang script and silver edging. Excited for that arrival.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wood grain vinyl is for Country Squire station wagons. :D :D :D

I'll try and get some better pics of my interior this weekend as well. I actually used some black automotive carpet (they kind you get rolled up from Auto Zone, Pep Boys, O'Reilly's, etc.) for my rear deck. Used some 3M spray adhesive to stick it to the package tray insert I made from a half-sheet of Masonite I had laying around. Goes great with the cut-pile carpet in the car as well. ::thumb::

Wood grain vinyl is for Country Squire station wagons. :D :D :D

I'll try and get some better pics of my interior this weekend as well. I actually used some black automotive carpet (they kind you get rolled up from Auto Zone, Pep Boys, O'Reilly's, etc.) for my rear deck. Used some 3M spray adhesive to stick it to the package tray insert I made from a half-sheet of Masonite I had laying around. Goes great with the cut-pile carpet in the car as well. ::thumb::
I would like to see those pics. I need to do something with that part of my interior.

I did the same with Masonite, and used a headliner glue to attach 1/2 inch foam with the carbon fiber vinyl. The thicker foam gives a nice rounded dip around the 6x9 speakers that makes them appear to be somewhat seated in a molded deck. I really gotta get some pictures taken, lol.

OK - finally got those pics you asked for, J.

I mentioned I'd replaced all the woodgrain vinyl with 3M Di-Noc black carbon fiber vinyl:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here are the Lloyd's cut-pile mats I went with, since I went with ACC cut-pile carpet:

attachment.php

To match cut-pile carpet theme, I decided to stick some cut-pile replacement carpet (like you find in rolls at Pep Boys, Auto Zone, O'Reilly's, etc.) to the cheesy painted masonite package tray insert. Looks a ton better, IMHO. These are also Retrosound 6x9s mounted with Retrosound risers, so I didn't have to cut-up the package tray sheet metal. They sound great! Can't wait to get the MTX Terminator subs installed right below them.

attachment.php

Oh yeah! I'm liking all of that! That di-noc puts out some fantastic results!

I just got my Mach1 mats and I LOVE em! I even installed the anchors too. I'm very impressed with the quality and fit. They are a little pricey but hey you get what you pay for. I highly recommend them. Oh and they do look great.

Back