Anyone into Vintage Audio HiFi?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree about the electrostatic speaker sound quality, I had a set of then vintage electrostatic speakers that I bought used and thought I paid too much for them in the eighties but they sounded incredible. They didn't have low bass capability but I had them on a crossover and ran sub woofers in my system which resolved that issue. Then in 89-90 a guy offered me almost three times what I paid for them, I wish I didn't sell them. They are the only speakers I have ever owned that were so clear you could hear on a master recording of Rush 2112 that the waterfall in oracle was synthesized.

You never pay too much, you just buy too early.

My radio Shack classic receiver is a now a restomod!
When I moved it to the garage, I added added an adapter cable to use my MP3 player and old cell phones with audio jacks as an inputs. It now has a new life and works great.

Lots of good stuff! I finally got my EQ and DBX hooked up so my system is complete as of now but the EQ is a cheapy and seems to introduce some hiss in the background. I may have to upgrade to something better. I don't really like to use an EQ but I like a little more control over tone than just 2 knobs, LOL!

IMG_2093.JPG

Last edited:
Back