Anyone know a good reliable transporter company?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 M code 351 4 speed
I always use UShip for my car transporting needs. You will get the best price there for sure, and the service has always been reliable, as long as you are moving the vehicle from a well populated and traveled area to another well populated and traveled area. Only time I had and issue is when I tried to move a car from the middle of nowhere in Montana to Miami, that was a nightmare...

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Q code C6 tranny
I always use UShip for my car transporting needs. You will get the best price there for sure, and the service has always been reliable, as long as you are moving the vehicle from a well populated and traveled area to another well populated and traveled area. Only time I had and issue is when I tried to move a car from the middle of nowhere in Montana to Miami, that was a nightmare...
Thx for the suggestion, I'll check them out.

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Some other Fords
I have used Reliable Carriers many times over the past 15+ years. Highly recommend.

ArtBBQ

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1 M Code
What ever you do don't go through a broker. If you call ask if they are a broker. I got duped by one by not asking the right questions.
The shipper I got was a POS who would barely answer the phone. I felt lucky to get my car delivered in one piece.

Reaction score
My Car
No car yet, on the hunt
What ever you do don't go through a broker. If you call ask if they are a broker. I got duped by one by not asking the right questions.
The shipper I got was a POS who would barely answer the phone. I felt lucky to get my car delivered in one piece.
I would respectfully have to disagree with you not all brokers are shitheads it all depends on who they hire of a broker has standards that they live by then you will be ok. The large carriers are out a month for pickup I ordered mine thru a broker and had it in htree days from MI to OR.

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 351c FMX trans and 9 inch rear end
I also had a great experience with a broker that I have used for other cars in the past. I used Crystal car shipping out of LA again for my last Mustang in November 2021 and the car arrived 3 days later, no problems. Maybe I have just been lucky but I've shipped a few from out in Nevada to Chicago with them.

73 Mach 1 4 me

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 completely stock ivy green with silver stripes.
What ever you do don't go through a broker. If you call ask if they are a broker. I got
Lucky you I’ve only had one shipped. I didn’t know about brokers and it was a costly education. I had to use the translator on my phone to speak with the driver. He must’ve used my car to go for a meal while laying over. He sure did have fun with it, by the time I got it she was run hard. 3 bent rods and alot of stone chips from spinning around in gravel. Never again , I’ll go pick up the next car myself if I ever buy another. Naturally the broker had their selves covered and it was cheaper to get it fixed then to try a law suit.

jdomke1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe
1972 Mustang Mach 1
I may have gotten lucky. I used a broker to move Bronco from California to Detroit. The carrier arrived Thursday night at my house in California and called me that Sunday night to say they were delivering the next morning. The driver arrived Sunday night and wanted to sleep and I was totally fine with that.
The thing to be aware of the brokers prices. I was to $1040 to transport when I booked in January. Time came to move and they couldn’t get any carrier to accept that price. In the end I paid an extra $500 to get the car there on my timeline. Obviously since January we’ve seen gas prices escalate which is most likely the cause of the higher price.
I now need to move my Mach 1 that’s not able to move on it’s own. I haven’t checked prices yet but I’m sure that will be more due the labor. On the plus side there’s no engine, transmission, or hood so it’s really light. I may just push onto a car carrier from U-Haul and tow it out myself. All that wide open space and no hood will really help to get the soda blasting material out of the car once and for all.

Reaction score
My Car
I wound up choosing DC Auto transport LLC to ship the car from Louiseville KY to Tricities WA. It took them 2 1/2 days to get to me, I was expecting a minimum of 4 days at the least. Here is some pics of the rig they used.

Attachments

• 20220516_085722.jpg
    20220516_085722.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220516_085827.jpg
    20220516_085827.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 10

jdomke1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe
1972 Mustang Mach 1
I wound up choosing DC Auto transport LLC to ship the car from Louiseville KY to Tricities WA. It took them 2 1/2 days to get to me, I was expecting a minimum of 4 days at the least. Here is some pics of the rig they used.
Can you give a quote? My 90 Bronco was $1560 California to Detroit. Based on weight, it’s about the same for my ‘72 Mustang. That’s an open carrier. For a truck with faded paint, I didn’t mind the great outdoors for her.

Reaction score
My Car
Can you give a quote? My 90 Bronco was $1560 California to Detroit. Based on weight, it’s about the same for my ‘72 Mustang. That’s an open carrier. For a truck with faded paint, I didn’t mind the great outdoors for her.
Probably around 2200 for enclosed, could change depending on price of Deisel at the time.