Anyone know a good reliable transporter company?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always use UShip for my car transporting needs. You will get the best price there for sure, and the service has always been reliable, as long as you are moving the vehicle from a well populated and traveled area to another well populated and traveled area. Only time I had and issue is when I tried to move a car from the middle of nowhere in Montana to Miami, that was a nightmare...

I always use UShip for my car transporting needs. You will get the best price there for sure, and the service has always been reliable, as long as you are moving the vehicle from a well populated and traveled area to another well populated and traveled area. Only time I had and issue is when I tried to move a car from the middle of nowhere in Montana to Miami, that was a nightmare...
Thx for the suggestion, I'll check them out.

What ever you do don't go through a broker. If you call ask if they are a broker. I got duped by one by not asking the right questions.
The shipper I got was a POS who would barely answer the phone. I felt lucky to get my car delivered in one piece.

Guys,
Anyone know of a good/reliable auto transporter to use? I need to transport a vehicle from Kentucky to Pasco WA. in the next week or so.
Thx!!!
Try Americanautoshipping.com
I just had mine moved from MI to OR and they did a great job.

What ever you do don't go through a broker. If you call ask if they are a broker. I got duped by one by not asking the right questions.
The shipper I got was a POS who would barely answer the phone. I felt lucky to get my car delivered in one piece.
I would respectfully have to disagree with you not all brokers are shitheads it all depends on who they hire of a broker has standards that they live by then you will be ok. The large carriers are out a month for pickup I ordered mine thru a broker and had it in htree days from MI to OR.

I also had a great experience with a broker that I have used for other cars in the past. I used Crystal car shipping out of LA again for my last Mustang in November 2021 and the car arrived 3 days later, no problems. Maybe I have just been lucky but I've shipped a few from out in Nevada to Chicago with them.

What ever you do don't go through a broker. If you call ask if they are a broker. I got
Lucky you I’ve only had one shipped. I didn’t know about brokers and it was a costly education. I had to use the translator on my phone to speak with the driver. He must’ve used my car to go for a meal while laying over. He sure did have fun with it, by the time I got it she was run hard. 3 bent rods and alot of stone chips from spinning around in gravel. Never again , I’ll go pick up the next car myself if I ever buy another. Naturally the broker had their selves covered and it was cheaper to get it fixed then to try a law suit.

I may have gotten lucky. I used a broker to move Bronco from California to Detroit. The carrier arrived Thursday night at my house in California and called me that Sunday night to say they were delivering the next morning. The driver arrived Sunday night and wanted to sleep and I was totally fine with that.
The thing to be aware of the brokers prices. I was to $1040 to transport when I booked in January. Time came to move and they couldn’t get any carrier to accept that price. In the end I paid an extra $500 to get the car there on my timeline. Obviously since January we’ve seen gas prices escalate which is most likely the cause of the higher price.
I now need to move my Mach 1 that’s not able to move on it’s own. I haven’t checked prices yet but I’m sure that will be more due the labor. On the plus side there’s no engine, transmission, or hood so it’s really light. I may just push onto a car carrier from U-Haul and tow it out myself. All that wide open space and no hood will really help to get the soda blasting material out of the car once and for all.

I wound up choosing DC Auto transport LLC to ship the car from Louiseville KY to Tricities WA. It took them 2 1/2 days to get to me, I was expecting a minimum of 4 days at the least. Here is some pics of the rig they used.

Attachments

• 20220516_085722.jpg
    20220516_085722.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220516_085827.jpg
    20220516_085827.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 10
I wound up choosing DC Auto transport LLC to ship the car from Louiseville KY to Tricities WA. It took them 2 1/2 days to get to me, I was expecting a minimum of 4 days at the least. Here is some pics of the rig they used.
Can you give a quote? My 90 Bronco was $1560 California to Detroit. Based on weight, it’s about the same for my ‘72 Mustang. That’s an open carrier. For a truck with faded paint, I didn’t mind the great outdoors for her.

Can you give a quote? My 90 Bronco was $1560 California to Detroit. Based on weight, it’s about the same for my ‘72 Mustang. That’s an open carrier. For a truck with faded paint, I didn’t mind the great outdoors for her.
Probably around 2200 for enclosed, could change depending on price of Deisel at the time.

Go on line and find american auto shipping best numbers and service had my ca in 3 days from Minnesota

Back