Are the individual switches replaceable on the drivers side power window switch cluster?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animal Lawyer

Reaction score
After having the window repaired (they are now well adjusted and tight) the driver's side switch socket is really broken and the switch plug in cluster intermittently wont close the driver's window. Is there a way to repairs these or do I need to replace. Any idea how much should the entire switch, bezel and socket cost? If anyone had all or part of the driver's side switch cluster & bezel the will sell...

Which year car do you have?  If it is a later car, the NPD part is what you need.  If you have an early car, the switches can be replaced individually, but disassembling the cluster is a bit fiddly.  You need to be careful with 50 year old plastic...

I found (and ordered) a replacement switch unit (I have a '73) but cant seem to find a replacement socket (that the switch unit plugs into, or a bezel. Does anybody make them? does anyone have the part numbers?

It is tough finding individual wire harness pieces. I have been looking for the two rear switches and wiring for 72 vert for 4 years now no luck. You have to buy the whole thing or nothing. I am sure you might be able to repair if you are good at making tiny pieces, lol. The PO cut the switches off the vert and covered over the holes in the inner panels, why I have no idea.

Back