Are the seat rubbers available to buy new

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I noticed today when i fold the seat back forward there are 2 rubber stops still on the back part of the passenger seat. The seat back sits on these rubbers when put back in the upright position.

The rubbers are still present on the passenger side but missing from the drivers side. I want to replace all 4 rubbers if they are still available.

Anyone know if they are available?

I noticed today when i fold the seat back forward there are 2 rubber stops still on the back part of the passenger seat. The seat back sits on these rubbers when put back in the upright position.

The rubbers are still present on the passenger side but missing from the drivers side. I want to replace all 4 rubbers if they are still available.

Anyone know if they are available?
I think this is what you are looking for.

John J

https://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-drake-seat-stop-bumper-kit-for-one-seat-1968-1973/p/HW3170/

Steve-Wonkey Donkey, I recommend you do not buy them! It's another Scott Drake reproduction part that doesn't fit!!! The 4 per seat original plastic/nylon spacers are round! Drake's POS are rubber and 2 are round...too tall!!! 2 are oval...WTHell! When installed you won't be able to latch your seat back, ask me how I know. 

I got some nice stainless steel radiator support rubber bumpers from Drake but only half of the needed hardware comes with it! Bloody Hell!!!

One trick I learned was to cut them down to increase the backward lean in the seat. I'm tall with long arms so it made for a more comfortable reach to the steering wheel (factory setup had me too close to it). When my wife drove the car, I dropped a couple plumbing PVC 3/4" caps over the spacers which positioned the seat perfect for her. I've also stacked large washers to get the lean I wanted.

Thanks for everyones input

The 4 rubbers are still there on passenger side.

The 2 on the drivers upright back of the seat are still there.

Its the 2 on the drivers side bottom of the seat that are missing.

I will purchase the set and just use the two needed but i will remove passenger side ones and use those as a template to make the new ones the same height.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back