Are these clips available?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
31 Model A Station Wagon “Woody”
69 Mach 1 - 351C
72 Mach 1 - 351C
96 Cobra Convertible
I looked all over the National Parts Depot website trying to find this clip.  I have seen the same clip on several years of Mustangs I have owned in places like the trunk and under hood.  This pictured clip happens to be off the bottom of my hood at the back.  I think it was used to somehow attach the windshield washer hoses, but on my ‘69 it was used to retain a wire for the trunk lid light.  This clip pictured is broken—it is missing the V-shaped or arrow shaped clips that retain it when pressed into a hole.  Any idea what part number, what its technical name is, or a link to purchase?

90A8AC2C-D05C-4BFE-913F-6A476CA5EF83.jpeg

The closest I've found is from AMK P.N. B-10976. The correct tape is AMK P.N. B-11666. Chuck

Thanks Don, mine actually wasn’t originally black—it was white.  It was on the hood 10 years ago when I painted the hood black.  I couldn’t get the clip out then and didn’t want to break it, so I painted over it.  I knew someday it would be done properly, and so it goes, I had to break it to paint the hood the correct color.  The white one you posted is the exact clip.  

In the application of placing under hood—am I correct it is intended to hold the windshield washer hose?  

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Don, mine actually wasn’t originally black—it was white.  It was on the hood 10 years ago when I painted the hood black.  I couldn’t get the clip out then and didn’t want to break it, so I painted over it.  I knew someday it would be done properly, and so it goes, I had to break it to paint the hood the correct color.  The white one you posted is the exact clip.  

In the application of placing under hood—am I correct it is intended to hold the windshield washer hose?  

Thanks everyone! 
Yes, the washer hose is held in place by them.  You can see where mine are located at.  I used electrical tape to secure the hose to them. 

101 (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back