Article on why our cars are green

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg

Reaction score
My Car
I have a 71 Mach 1 grabber blue and white, a 73 Mach 1 Copper and White with power sunroof and a 73 Convertible all loaded
I'm not that much of a dare devil any more. I have wondered if my 73 Mustang Convertible could be safer for my children to ride in or someday drive every day as I once did. There was a time when I worried that the person behind me wouldn't be able to break as fast as I could in an emergancy because the brakes on the mustang were far superior to the standard passanger car or trucks. That is no longer the case. Nor is it the case that my old mustang could smoke pretty much any other production vehicle. Technology has moved far beyond us now.

I'm not that much of a dare devil any more. I have wondered if my 73 Mustang Convertible could be safer for my children to ride in or someday drive every day as I once did. There was a time when I worried that the person behind me wouldn't be able to break as fast as I could in an emergancy because the brakes on the mustang were far superior to the standard passanger car or trucks. That is no longer the case. Nor is it the case that my old mustang could smoke pretty much any other production vehicle. Technology has moved far beyond us now.
People nowadays rear end because of electronic devices it seems. I don't know what the odds are, but memories are priceless unless it is about a horrible accident. A newer car may not save lives either. I don't believe in living in fear, but don't have kids. I wouldn't always have them with me if I did. I have a friend who grew up with his Dad's 72 Q code convertible (they still have it). When they rode in the back seat when little he would tell them " Put on your seat belts in case the car flips over as they will be red crayons on the road".

Last edited:
Back