Austin Vert Buys New Wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DUUUUUDEEE!!!! Fawking Awesome!!!!!

If only the Indy mags were reproduced when I bought my wheels... I like them more than my Ansens.

Would you do me a favor and measure the bolt pattern of the center cap? If it happens to match the original '73 caps, I'm getting a set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for the thumbs up! I'm glad you like them so much.

Totalled,

My center caps are screwed on with allen key head screws, into pre drilled holes in the body of the wheel. If i read you correctly, i myself wanted to buy a set of Mustang center caps from CJ Pony

to fit on these rims. I measured myself and the Mustang center caps do not line up at all with the US Indy ones. You would have to drill fresh screw holes for you new center caps to mount the caps on.

Greg.:)

Hey Thanks Guys,

Glad you like them too. Since i've bought them, i have been enjoying them very much and love the look. I have been getting a lot of very good feedback on the wheels and the car as well. Interesting too, how this thread has bobbed up again.

Jeff, the suburb name, Woolloongabba is an Australian aboriginal native name. Many of our streets and suburbs and towns are named with aboriginal names. I will admit though, it is a very funny sounding word for sure.:p

Looks soooo traditional and righteous I am liking the look man!!!! I have been thinking about that combo and must thank you for bringing the vision into reality. I have two other details I have been considering.

1 Addition of the black ring along the inner step.

2 Inclusion of the mustang emblems in red center caps.

Hey thanks KT,

Glad you like the look. Yeah, you could dress them up some more like you're thinking, and they would look pretty good to.

I remember back in their heyday, (Seventies decade) some manufacturers used to paint the inner surfaces of the slots, plus, the center circular panel, a medium grey color as well. This look highlights more of the slots, and gives the wheels more depth in appearance. I was thinking of going this way myself, but can't make up my mind. Also means a fair bit of fiddly work as well in doing that.:chin::chin:

I need a set for our Starsky and Hutch!

I need a set for our Starsky and Hutch!
Hello Mr. Weeps!,

Well that's good news, and to get you in the mood to clinch the deal, Check this out!!:p:p:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VFciCh8d6g

And for desert!, wash it down with a little bit of this gear!

It's all about STYLE!::thumb::

Back