Austin Vert Gets Connected.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hi to all,

OK, i know this one has been well dealt with in the past, but i just wanted to pass on my own experience with installing sub frame connectors on my '73 Vert.

Having listened to a lot of guys on the Forum about installing sub frame connectors on their 123's, the general feel was a good and positive one for getting them on. After a lot of ummmming and aaarrring around, i decided to pull the trigger and have a set installed on my Vert this week.

I decided to go with Global West as far as brand was concerned, based on my own research and feedback from the Forum. Unfortunately, the all up purchase cost was just under $500.00 Aust to land ém here, and another $300.00 for the pro install job.

So the end result is pretty good, as the Vert seems to want to steer and handle better on the road. The whole car feels a lot more rigid as well. I don't think the ride factor has been compromised at all as well. I like the peace of mind the connectors gives me too, in regards any potential body sag probs, and jacking sag probs as well, even though my under body is rust free and sound.

I'm mighty glad i spent the money on these connectors for the above reasons, and feel that they're a good sound investment to owning a better Stang. I would urge owners to spend the money, join the club, and get connected as well for a much improved Mustang. See my pics below -

References -

http://www.globalwest.net/1967-1968-1969-1970-1971-1972-1973-mustang-export-braces-sub-frames-monte-carlo-bars-global-west-sus.html

V__C5F1.jpg

V__AD1D.jpg

V__7DD6.jpg

V__2422.jpg

:thankyouyellow:

Greg.:)

Cool, I'm envious.

I said it before: I'm so angry that my country won't allow them. That would be the number one mod to my car I'd make if only I could.

Cool, I'm envious.

I said it before: I'm so angry that my country won't allow them. That would be the number one mod to my car I'd make if only I could.
Hi Mike,

Thanks, i would be upset too if that was the case for me as well. I guess it makes it double hard for you when your Government takes a conservative view on these matters, and cracks down on mods for foreign cars in your country. Not an easy pill to swallow i guess:mad:, but what can one do?

Although i must say, i could see you and the wife living in California.:jawdrop:

Greg that is hands down one of the best upgrades for our cars. It made a world of difference in my car. Whole car just felt tighter all the way around. I imagine it would be really noticeable in a vert.

What kind of welder did he use?? Almost doesn't look like it was hot enough to burn into the frame really good and has some undercut on the bracket. Hard to see from the pic. Im sure they will be fine, but I think the welder could of done a little neater weld. Not bashing it Greg, just an observation!! I do ALOT of welding and would of thought it would of been a little nicer bead of weld with 2 very good pieces to weld to. But then again its under the car and no one will ever see. The more you drive that beautiful car the more you are going to like the sub frame connectors!!!

Heres a pic of a jeep frame that was ROTTED that I had to try to repair....

Before:

978wau.jpg

After:

ao75mq.jpg

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your feedback. I use the services of a very good local mechanic for my Mustangs. When needed, he subs work out such as this to a professional boilermaker tradesman who did my job on the connectors.

I really don't know what type of welder that he would have used to do my job, but could always ask i guess and find out. This type of welding is not my area of expertise, so as to passing judgement on the job done, i would be out of my league as to giving you accurate opinions on the work that was carried out in my case. If you think i have any cause for concern, i will talk to my mechanic and verify any aspects you think i may need to. The boilermaker took the pics with his mobile phone as he did the job, so the pics quality and clarity wont be a good as it should.

But yeah, i'm very happy that these babies have been added to my Vert.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your feedback. I use the services of a very good local mechanic for my Mustangs. When needed, he subs work out such as this to a professional boilermaker tradesman who did my job on the connectors.

I really don't know what type of welder that he would have used to do my job, but could always ask i guess and find out. This type of welding is not my area of expertise, so as to passing judgement on the job done, i would be out of my league as to giving you accurate opinions on the work that was carried out in my case. If you think i have any cause for concern, i will talk to my mechanic and verify any aspects you think i may need to. The boilermaker took the pics with his mobile phone as he did the job, so the pics quality and clarity won't be a good as it should.

No Greg you should be fine! Any boiler maker should know what he's doing! An old boiler maker that taught me how to weld years ago always told me that just because a weld is pretty doesn't mean its right! LOL. Enjoy the car and the feeling of riding on rails!!!

Hi Kevin,

I really don't know what type of welder that he would have used to do my job, but could always ask i guess and find out. This type of welding is not my area of expertise, so as to passing judgement on the job done, i would be out of my league as to giving you accurate opinions on the work that was carried out in my case. If you think i have any cause for concern, i will talk to my mechanic and verify any aspects you think i may need to. The boilermaker took the pics with his mobile phone as he did the job, so the pics quality and clarity won't be a good as it should.

No Greg you should be fine! Any boiler maker should know what he's doing! An old boiler maker that taught me how to weld years ago always told me that just because a weld is pretty doesn't mean its right! LOL. Enjoy the car and the feeling of riding on rails!!!
Thanks K,

Will do.:)

Back