Auto Shifter Bezel & Full Console fit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustangLover63

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Dark Green Metallic 351CJ
2007 Shelby GT
2014 Saleen Yellow Label
Have a 1972 Sportsroof that has an automatic. Bought stock, matching color full console with clock up at Carlisle Nationals. When I went to have the console installed, the opening doesn't fit over the shifter bezel. There was a small partial console before that fit over. Is there a different shifter bezel for cars that came with a console versus cars that didn't? (ps. not mechanical person - just drive em)

Have a 1972 Sportsroof that has an automatic. Bought stock, matching color full console with clock up at Carlisle Nationals. When I went to have the console installed, the opening doesn't fit over the shifter bezel. There was a small partial console before that fit over. Is there a different shifter bezel for cars that came with a console versus cars that didn't? (ps. not mechanical person - just drive em)
There is only one shifter bezel for either console

Make sure you have the right shifter bezel - it is black plastic- I have seen a lot of chrome 69 - 70 one installed in our cars

Here is what you need to have

Don

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=2409

Thanks for the reply, however that is exactly the bezel I have in the car currently. The console hole near the clock just seems to be catching on the rear of the shifter bezel. I measured the opening dimensions of the full length console against the partial short stock console and they appear to be the same. I don't get it, it's like the shifter bezel height from the carpet is about 3/16 of an inch too tall. The console looks to be installed properly because the portion near the ashtray is flush up against the south side of the shift bezel.:huh:

Thanks for the reply, however that is exactly the bezel I have in the car currently. The console hole near the clock just seems to be catching on the rear of the shifter bezel. I measured the opening dimensions of the full length console against the partial short stock console and they appear to be the same. I don't get it, it's like the shifter bezel height from the carpet is about 3/16 of an inch too tall. The console looks to be installed properly because the portion near the ashtray is flush up against the south side of the shift bezel.:huh:

PICS ???

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0134.jpgIMG_0135.jpgIMG_0136.jpgIMG_0137.jpgIMG_0138.jpgNot sure how much one can see from these pictures but here they are nonetheless. Appreciate your time.

I can see your problem, mine shifter bezel(P/R/N/...) the number on the back :

D1ZA-7D443-AB and no chrome on it (there is also a little room between the 2 bezels).

I thought there is an issue with the aftermarket bezels. If I look at my original bezel and my aftermarket bezel it's clear to me that my aftermarket bezel will be sitting higher. I thought there was a post on this already.

Thanks all for the input. I found an original Ford shifter but it is exactly the same height as the after market. My mechanic realized that the previous owner had put some studs that raised the shifter a little higher off the tunnel than stock. I had them cut the studs an console fits great. Tks all.

Back