Auto to manual conversion

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rear end gear ratio must also be changed out..

As long as you use the correct Hurst Comp Plus shifter, or your 5 or 6 speed has the shifter in the proper location, then the console will work just fine.

Rear end gear ratio must also be changed out..

For what reason?

You dont need to change gear ratio or console. I changed from a C6 to TKO600 a few years ago. I eventually changed the gear ratio but it all depends on your intended use. No doubt that a 5 speed can handle a lower ratio like 3.5 and will perform better, but you dont need to.

As long as you use the correct Hurst Comp Plus shifter, or your 5 or 6 speed has the shifter in the proper location, then the console will work just fine.

For what reason?
I'm sure this totally depends on the gearing in the trans you are switching to and what's in the rear end. Mine was geared so tall that it was barely drivable with the T56 Magnum I used. Had to roast the clutch just to drive it around town. On the other end, if you check the math, 6th gear would top out at (not joking) over 300mph, lol. I went with 4:10s and I could see going even lower and I'm not racing or anything it's just still a little taller than I'd like.

Back