Average cost

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiko619

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1972 Grande Coupe
Hey there fellas i have just 1 question and want 1 answer so i can average out an estimated cost of repair.. how much did it cost to have a complete driver side or passenger side floor panel replaced. i want to hear all the details yall paid for, whether or not yall took the liberty of stripping the interior for saving some labor costs.

now i know everyones going to bombard me with the rudimentary explanation/questioning of

"well that depends on how bad the rust spread"

no s*** its a cancer. just answer the question.

"you know every shop is different" yes i do, its america and there are an infinite amount of shops hence the question.

I just want to average this thing out so i know how much to save. plus it lets me know whether or not my misses is going to be pissed, severely pissed, or leave me lol

*(wishful thinking)* goes unnoticed and i get to keep my balls.

I had mine done around 11 yrs ago by Auto Rust Technicians here in RI autorust.com

I stripped out the interior, they sand Blasted the entire undercarriage, replaced drivers and passengers full length floor, also the Passengers and Drivers side inner rocker panels, and rear torx-boxes Pass and Drv side (I think that's what it was called), then they painted the underside and inside with a Black epoxy paint, which is still holding up great.

it cost me $3500 for the full job which was worth every penny, and it was done in 2 weeks.

This was also my main reason I learned how to weld!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap.... that's a lot of cash. Lol I really wanted to take up some welding course cause well, I heard there's a lot more to it than just fusing metal pipieces together. How long did it take for you to learn the trade?

I'm sure there are a lot more people on this forum who paid for some kind of floor repair. This post hhas like 100 views. I highly doubt all those views and not 1 got some kind of body work....

Back