Avocado Interior

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67aj

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 351C C6
Getting ready to start back working on my 73 MACH 1 which has the avocado interior.   Do anyone know where I can find avocado seat upholstery, door panels and carpet.   Thank

Check the for sale section. Somewhere recently I saw someone selling a roll of avocado vinyl, NOS or NORS. Your not likely to find replacement upholstery premade, so it would mean a trip to the trimmers. The other stuff you might find by posting a wanted ad. Not many people want their avocado interior.

My first Mustang was a 73 Grande with the bright green gold paint and avocado interior. Still miss that car.

Just did some searching...the ad for the vinyl is not on here. Might have been a craigslist ad, but can't for the life of me recall where. I just saw it within the past couple weeks.

I am sure you have seen SMS upholstery mentioned here before. If they do not have the material I do not know where to look. I thought the repo door panels came in all colors? Have never bought so I do not know.

Here is link to their web site you can do a search for your color and material and then order a sample and get a quote. Their comfort weave is correct in every way.

https://smsautofabrics.com/

David

I have the same deal with my 73 'vert. SMS does have the color, but for one seat, which i need, it was going to be around $400. I'm going to switch my interior over to all white, for the same price.

A note on the green interior. Last evening I took my 73 vert to show in town. They block off two blocks of the main street and have live band in a parking lot and everyone brings out their old cars. A guy stops at my vert and wants to sit in it, lol. He said he ordered one new in 73 with dark green exterior and white interior. When the car came someone had put the wrong code in for the interior and it was avocado. He refused to take deliver and was so late in the year could not place another order. The dealer found him a blue one with white interior and sold him that one and his wife crashed and totaled it. He kept wanting to know what it would take to buy the car. I gave him price of three times what I have in it and he took my business card and said he will be doing some looking. But since my car has no rust and original inside and out he it very interested. Every show I have gone someone wants to buy it because it is original and they can see the condition not hidden by shiny paint job.

He said he could not stand to sit in the green car, lol. I like green.

David

I have the same deal with my 73 'vert. SMS does have the color, but for one seat, which i need, it was going to be around $400. I'm going to switch my interior over to all white, for the same price.
Hey,

Did you ever switch the interior to white?  You should post a pic.  I have the same problem with my custom built 73 Grande with the mixed color seats Avocado and Light Avocado.  Was thinking of just covering the seats in the one color 1973 Ford Vinyl L-4462 from SMS Auto Fabrics.  If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.  Need the dash replaced and drivers seat done.

Hey,

Did you ever switch the interior to white?  You should post a pic.  I have the same problem with my custom built 73 Grandé with the mixed color seats Avocado and Light Avocado.  Was thinking of just covering the seats in the one color 1973 Ford Vinyl L-4462 from SMS Auto Fabrics.  If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.  Need the dash replaced and drivers seat done.

SMS will send you free samples. You may want to email them and ask if they stock exact match, if you want a exact match.

If you re-upholster one seat it will be brighter than the rest so IMO you need to re-upholster them all.

If you change colour you have to take into account all the plastic trim is Avocado and would you want to change that too.

It comes down to cost and how much you want to invest in your car. Set your budget and look at the options open to your budget

Back