Back to my regular Dr. today. Lung issues.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I had the surgery a few weeks back and have been struggling with doing much on my 1972 Q vert build. I wake early each day coughing and not breathing so good. Hit the inhaler and sip the cough syrup and try to get some sleep. Gets worse each week. So I went to visit my regular Dr.. On some medications to help but headed down the path of lung scans to see if I have lung cancer. I quit smoking like 12 years ago when they told me I had COPD. Then last year they said was now Emphysema. I did all the wrong things, smoked, ground carbon electrodes and machined asbestos at work. I painted cars with nothing but vasoline in nose and rag around face. So will keep going and see what comes up next. Scan of lungs to be scheduled.
He is more than my Dr. he does share info. He keeps up on the Covid and has had several patients from 60's to 80's get it and survive. He shared the fact today that there are a couple common findings in those that survive and those that do not. The vitamin D is found to be at high levels with those that have no issue and low levels with those that do not survive. Same with Zinc, high levels survive, low do not. The level of Vitamin D in blacks has always been low there and might be related to their higher death rates. So you  might want to go buy some Vitamin D and Zinc and stock up before they make public. He actually took blood to test my levels. I did go stock up.
I just hope I can build a couple more cars especially the track days car. I want to go fast and smile till my face hurts.

Going deer hunting tomorrow opening day for gun. Doe day on Nov. 30 got to keep going.

Back