Barrett Jackson Factory Pink 73 Mustang Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE PONY

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
Claimed to be an original special order factory Pink. I saw some previews of it last night on BJ. It has chrome front fender and hood extensions and the lower stripes appear not to be original since the wheel well trim is there.

It's a charity car so the price will probably go high. They said on air last night the car belongs to the mother of an American Idol winner.

Suppose to go across the block today (Sunday) at 2 PM Eastern (changed to 4 PM by BJ).

Here is the link: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=3050&aid=443&pop=0

Last edited by a moderator:
73CONV.jpg

Claimed to be an original special order factory Pink. I saw some previews of it last night on BJ. It has chrome front fender and hood extensions and the lower stripes appear not to be original since the wheel well trim is there.

It's a charity car so the price will probably go high. They said on air last night the car belongs to the mother of an American Idol winner.

Suppose to go across the block today (Sunday) at 2 PM Eastern.

Here is the link: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=3050&aid=443&pop=0
It's is ugly - that's all I can say.

Slightly off topic, but Lois Emminger's son lives in Spokane, Wa and still has his mom's car, a '73 Mach 1, special order painted Dusty Rose, IIRC. I've seen it at a couple of shows and made the mistake once of calling it pink. It took him a bit before he calmed down enought to actually talk cars with me.

Steve

The Emminger pink Mach 1 was actually ordered as a white car and was disassembled then painted dusty rose pink with great detail to look factory. This happened because that color wasn't available as a special order in 71.

Maybe in 73 it could but I doubt it. I highly suspect that this is not the original color on the BJ car.

They claim the window says "special order" "special paint", but it does state the color. It would be interesting to see a Marti report on it. I just saw a clip about the car on Barrett Jackson and the owner bought it on Barrett Jackson 8 years ago.

They claim the window says "special order" "special paint", but it does state the color. It would be interesting to see a Marti report on it. I just saw a clip about the car on Barrett Jackson and the owner bought it on Barrett Jackson 8 years ago.
I had a 69 XL convertible once that had a 6 digit DSO and the Color section of the door tag was blank. A true special order color would show up like that. I'll have to look at the Emminger car next time I get a chance to see what it says.

Steve

I suppose anything is possible. I'd like to see the invoice of the pink car.

Eminger's car couldn't be ordered in dusk rose pink. Maybe this is a different pink that was available in 73. Who knows.

Here's a neat article about Eminger's pink car.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/mump_1012_1971_ford_mustang_mach_1/index.html
In 72 they had a Playmate/Playboy pink ford code WT9301 ( the lightest shade of pink ford offered ) special order WT9036 is the brightest pink, followed closely by Dusk Rose and Special order WT9012 is a pinkish orange coral

i would drive it.. especially if the silver stripe had some sparkle to it. :) But I'm a girly girl living in a home with 3 sons and hubby... so lots of testosterone. It's the only pink thing I would have. lol.

Marti cannot tell you the color it was painted as special order. I have a 73 vert special order and I emailed with Marti several times. The only record of color was with the DSO and those records were not kept.

I can tell you that the bumper and fillers in the rear bumper are not correct. If you got special paint you got Argent front bumper and fillers. My build sheet has special instruction to put Argent on. I sent to Marti and he confirmed. The rubber parts had to have special paint and ford chose Argent in 73. Previous Special order cars were shipped with chrome bumpers.

1.jpg

It's not the worst color combination I've ever seen.  I'd drive it... but I don't think it would stay like that very long.  :whistling:

......I'm a guy, and I have NO problem wearing pink. I'm secure in myself. Pink cars?, don't bother me really. There's a special group of pink cars out there that Playboy Magazine used to present to their "Playmate of the Year" as well, that can probably be Googled. Drag racing legend Shirley Muldowney used to freak out the ( male ) competitors with her pink dragsters, which she did on purpose, just to show a pink car was as tough as any of the machismo painted cars. Some guys go way over the other way, painting their car black, putting skulls and shit on it so everyone will think they're "bad ass', or "mean". The color doesn't mean a thing.

Back