Base for Sparco seats?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxgranch

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Base Convertible 302
New member. A search did not turn up an answer. My son has 72 convertible for his first car. We are in the midst of a number of things, but wanted to replace the seats. The Sparco 500's looked good, so we ordered the driver's side. To my horror, the seat mount or bracket does not fit the car. On the website is is listed for the 1964-73 and arrived with a sticker that says excluding the 1971-73 coupe and fastback which use the same seat mount as the convertible. He likes the seat and we would like to keep it, but we obviously need to find a way to bolt it into the car. Anyone have a suggestion? I am looking for brackets for only the 71-73 and have found a couple. Corbeau makes one as does Cipher. One model from Cipher says good to go on the seat, but lists the same one for 1964-73 while the other lists two brackets, one for 64-70 and another for 71-73, but does not mention Sparco compatibility. I have read comments of the Corbeau mounts being high which could be an issue for my 6'3" son. It would be nice to avoid a welding shop. Nothing against welders, but finding one with the time to do this sort of work is hard and expensive.

Thanks for any help available.

Thank you good sir! They don't make a mount for the Sparco, but offered to custom make one for $15 extra, so I think you steered me to a solution. I will post back how it goes.

Actually, now that I have a seat out, it appears that I can repurpose the old tracks onto the new seats and not deal with it adding any extra height to the seat. I will post back. If anyone knows a way to get the tracks apart without drilling out the bumps that appear to be the stops, I would love to hear it. The tracks are, of course, nasty dirty and have some spots that could benefit from a soda blast and repaint. That would be easier if I get them apart, but I assume this could become a hassle. ACP makes repro tracks as well.

Back