Beltline trim clips?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankenstang71

Reaction score
My Car
71 M code, light pewter 4 spd. ram air, no stripes, no spoiler, deluxe or sport interior needs compete restoration .
Hello, I have been searching for the difficult to find belt line chrome trim clips and have found only inconclusive information. I see NPD offers some clips but states does not work on original trim, an ebay company called midwest restorations has some similar looking ones at very high prices ( $60. for enough to do a car). Hate to take a $60. gamble and have them not fit. My old ones are mostly gone and the few I have are hard and brittle. Has anyone solved this mystery yet? I thought I would ask before I send away for the expensive ones...thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6101.JPG
    IMG_6101.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6104.JPG
    IMG_6104.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Don't know about your clips, but nice car you're working on there.
Thanks, it's been a couple of years of on and off work and it's finally starting to look like a car and not just a bunch of parts.

Are these the clips that you snap the fender moldings over to hold the moldings onto the fender?
They are the clips that go on doors and rear quarters and back of front fenders for the thin trim that divides the black and body color on most mach 1s without side stripes as shown in my pictures. they are approx 7/8" long and approx 3/8" wide at body where they clip into the bright aluminum trim.

Hello, I have been searching for the difficult to find belt line chrome trim clips and have found only inconclusive information. I see NPD offers some clips but states does not work on original trim, an ebay company called midwest restorations has some similar looking ones at very high prices ( $60. for enough to do a car). Hate to take a $60. gamble and have them not fit. My old ones are mostly gone and the few I have are hard and brittle. Has anyone solved this mystery yet? I thought I would ask before I send away for the expensive ones...thanks
Check out the ones that say vinyl top molding. They look a lot like yours. Don't know if they will work. You might want to give them a call and check.

https://www.classicindustries.com/s...terior-trim/moldings/molding-clips-fasteners/

They are the clips that go on doors and rear quarters and back of front fenders for the thin trim that divides the black and body color on most mach 1s without side stripes as shown in my pictures. they are approx 7/8" long and approx 3/8" wide at body where they clip into the bright aluminum trim.
I need to go and look at my parts stash for any of these and get back to you. I know I have some maybe and if I do they are original clips not aftermarket clips. I can send you some pictures also. It may be a day or two. How many do you need if I can find what you are looking for?

Is this the plastic clips you are talking about (See Pictures)? They are approx 7/8" long and approx 3/8" wide, The one's I have are Ford Original Clips but are used but have been kept in dry storage for many years. How many are you needing?

Attachments

• IMG_2996.jpg
    IMG_2996.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 0
Is this the plastic clips you are talking about (See Pictures)? They are approx 7/8" long and approx 3/8" wide, The one's I have are Ford Original Clips but are used but have been kept in dry storage for many years. How many are you needing?
Thanks Bill, they certainly are the ones I was looking for. I just received the ones I ordered today from Midwest muscle car specialties on ebay and they are correct. Their description is "Ford Side Belt Body Fender Door Quarter Hood Trunk Molding Trim Clips 10pcs B". They fit well and seem strong so it is good to know we have a source for new. Thanks again for looking.

Back