Bill Elliot Boss 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 R code. I ordered the car new when I was 19 years old.
2012 Mustang Convertible
1996 BMW R1100RT with Hannigan Sidecar
1997 BMW K1100LT
1981 Honda CM400E
I was at the Mecum Auction in Indy today and saw this Boss 351. It is said to have been once owned by Bill Elliot of NASCAR fame. It will be auctioned on Friday. It is part of the Rick Baker Ford collection.

DSC05428.JPG

DSC05429.JPG

I have a decent collection of Bill Elliot stuff. I wonder if the wife would notice if I added the Boss to my collection. ;)
I don't think his wife would notice :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, so cool. Ray, don't mean to hijack the thread but I notice it has a full console. My Marti report shows my car has a console but it came with a short console.

Wow, so cool. Ray, don't mean to hijack the thread but I notice it has a full console. My Marti report shows my car has a console but it came with a short console.
Someone could have switched it out. I didn't want one because I knew my girlfriend wouldn't like it... :cool:

Ray

I have a decent collection of Bill Elliot stuff. I wonder if the wife would notice if I added the Boss to my collection. ;)
How many wives/bosses do you have?:huh:

Someone could have switched it out. I didn't want one because I knew my girlfriend wouldn't like it... :cool:

Ray
Ray,

That is exactly why I did not order the console on my 72 Mach 1 back in 72. I did not know about the folding rear seat at the time...probably a good thing I did not get that option either!

I most likely wouldn't have my current wife if I would have had a console.

Nice Boss too.

You are a lucky dude... Mr. R Code. I've always wanted to visit a mecum auction. Enjoy!!
This was my sixth time to go to the Mecum Indy. I also went to Mecum Kissimmee last January. There is always a good variety cars there. My wife was tempted by a 2002 T Bird with only 7600 miles on it.

I would like to see what it sells for.
I saw where in 2008 it sold for 87,500 at Barrett-Jackson.

Ray
Ray,

That is exactly why I did not order the console on my 72 Mach 1 back in 72. I did not know about the folding rear seat at the time...probably a good thing I did not get that option either!

Nice Boss too.
hmm brings back memories of a 78 Bronco I drove and removed the back seat... And then there were the custom vans! :D

Ray

Another hijacker, I saw part of an SVO in the mag. posted. I think at Charlotte or Atlanta can't be sure in 1984 they had several SVO's at the 20th. ann celebration and they had NASCAR drivers that would take you on the track for high speed runs. They had so many people they ran all the cars out of gas. I think they gave Elliott one of them since he was one of the drivers. I bought one of the ann cars and still have.

Back