Blower motor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Green on green 72 Mach 1
Hello,
Would anyone know if the blower fan and motor assembly can be removed as an assembly?
Or does the fan have to come off and than the motor and mounting plate. Hoping I don’t have to remove the whole housing.
Thanks

It's a moderate struggle but the whole enchilada has to come out. That may be a good time to also swap in a new heater core as well while you are there.
Pretty straightforward once you get it out. I removed my passenger front seat for a little more room. It's a tight fit. I think I only cussed and used profanity like 2 or 17 times. So definitely doable.

Assuming you have a non-AC car, definitely remove the pass seat as Ripper noted. Glove box liner needs to come out as well, as does the passenger air vent, and you need to disconnect the defroster foot well ducts. NPD has the nice reproduction brass/copper heater cores, aluminum parts store units are garbage. NPD also has a repop control cable set if yours are rusted or damaged.

AC cars you can remove the blower motor by itself. IIRC, you can sneak it out and down by the gas pedal. Probably easiest to remove the dash pad to for extra access.

Back