Body Color Wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Sports roof with 3/4 vinyl top. Concourse.
My 73 SR came with four brown wheels and one black spare wheel. The body color was Medium Brown Metallic (Code"5H" I believe). It also came with stock full wheel covers. Only about 1/2" of the brown was visible with covers in place. Build date Oct72. Anybody else? Any other colors on your wheels.

"Stock full wheel covers" do not leave much of the wheel exposed. -Just a small edge lip of the wheel that sits against the tire.

Question- Your wheel cover should have either "Mustang" or "Ford Motor Company" stamped into it. Which does your wheel cover have?

Ray

[attachment=21403]They say Mustang and have stimulated openings all around the perimeter. Like this picture. The Mustang letters are flat black like the simulated slots. The brown wheels are visible in the bead area.

Last edited by a moderator:
They say Mustang and have stimulated openings all around the perimeter. Like this picture. The Mustang letters are flat black like the simulated slots. The brown wheels are visible in the bead area.
All good Judge. I was thinking you were running the 14 inch caps - just without the trim rings. Some people call that setup "poverty caps".

34ysqwh.jpg

Ray

My old Copper Metallic 73 convertible had body color rims. The trim rings and dog dish hub caps hid that fact. Sold the car with Keystones, still have the original rims in my garage.

My 73 SR came with four brown wheels and one black spare wheel. The body color was Medium Brown Metallic (Code"5H" I believe). It also came with stock full wheel covers. Only about 1/2" of the brown was visible with covers in place. Build date Oct72. Anybody else? Any other colors on your wheels.
Hi. I'm kinda of newbie on this site... your post peeked my interest!

I too have a 73 conv. in Med. Brown Metalic that came with matching painted wheels... I have optional aluminum wheels on now.

You say your car has full wheel covers? or are they the "dog dish" kind

without the beauty rings so you can see half the painted wheel?

Would like to know 'cause I was thinking of switching to that look.. for a more vintage performance look.

They say Mustang and have stimulated openings all around the perimeter. Like this picture. The Mustang letters are flat black like the simulated slots. The brown wheels are visible in the bead area.
All good Judge. I was thinking you were running the 14 inch caps - just without the trim rings. Some people call that setup "poverty caps".

34ysqwh.jpg

Ray
Nice pic showing what i call "dog dish" caps... do you know where this photo was taken? this looks like a friends car here in Indianapolis

Last edited by a moderator:
Back