Body side molding

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyro86

Reaction score
I have a question , does anyone know where I can get the passenger side molding ( see picture of drivers side ) it is bolted on . I will take used or new

Attachments

• 43433B5D-6A9C-4FAC-9BEE-B8A7115AF670.jpeg
    43433B5D-6A9C-4FAC-9BEE-B8A7115AF670.jpeg
    583 KB · Views: 2
It's not stock to the cars - it's aftermarket. Good luck finding the same kind of molding to match.

If the molding has clips, studs and nuts attaching it to the fender, then it's the factory Protection Group molding. @Motorcity Mustang might have the piece(s). Beyond that. you could hit up some of the NOS parts sellers - Green Sales etc.

you need. 71_73_moldings.JPG

If the molding has clips, studs and nuts attaching it to the fender, then it's the factory Protection Group molding. @Motorcity Mustang might have the piece(s). Beyond that. you could hit up some of the NOS parts sellers - Green Sales etc.

you need. View attachment 73442
Hemikiller you are so correct. My 72 was ordered with the Ford Mustang Factory Protection Group Moldings. What you have shown on this picture is correct. Thanks for the inormation. These pieces are hard to find. I wouldn't have a idea what they are worth? I think I might have an extra one of these.

Thanks for your

you need. View attachment 73442

Hemikiller you are so correct. My 72 was ordered with the Ford Mustang Factory Protection Group Moldings. What you have shown on this picture is correct. Thanks for the inormation. These pieces are hard to find. I wouldn't have a idea what they are worth? I think I might have an extra one of these.

Hi Bill
I am interested in the body side molding you may have . Could you

Back in those dark days body side molding was all the rage. I never liked it, largely because it usually required drilling into the sheet metal, although as I recall cheap knock-off side molding was attached with heavy duty double sided tape. Our 1973 Mustang Convertible has the factory side molding, as part of it Appearance Protection Group option. It is the only thing I would have preferred being left off the car, as I feel it breaks the beautiful, otherwise flowing lines on the front fenders. The vert is still a gorgeous vehicle, and I would rather have it with the side molding as opposed to not having the vert at all. It is a lot of fun to drive and show, even work on.

1676735954958.png
Our convertible is nearly stock, although we have added some options that help make it a more comfortable cruising car for us. We added Classic Air A/C, a Dakota VHX analog gauge instrument panel, aa Garmin Drive 72 GPS and backup camera system, rebuilt the 42 amp alternator with a rotor with more winding, now puts out over 65 amps, added a DashCam, replaced the taillight incandescent bulb pods with a VintageLEDs.com LED taillight kit (really bright, and no separate power wire is needed for its sequential flash feature to work properly. We did install electronic Turn Signal and Emergency 4-way Light flashers.

Attachments

• IMG_4852.jpg
    IMG_4852.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 1
Get back to me thanks
AJ
Let me look early next week and get back to you. I'm located in Opelika, Alabama 36801 and don't know how much the handling and shipping cost would be at the UPS store. This package would ship per UPS as an oversized package. What is your zip code?

If Bill does not have them, I do.

Let me look early next week and get back to you. I'm located in Opelika, Alabama 36801 and don't know how much the handling and shipping cost would be at the UPS store. This package would ship per UPS as an oversized package. What is your zip code?
Hi Bill
My area code is 02889
Would it be the whole thing ?
3 pieces ?

So sorry to be late getting back to you but I have been busy with good things and will try to look on Tuesday or Wednesday and get back to you. I do know that I have the fender molding but don't think I have the door or quarter moldings. I will look to be sure. So sorry for being late getting back to you sir

Back in those dark days body side molding was all the rage. I never liked it, largely because it usually required drilling into the sheet metal, although as I recall cheap knock-off side molding was attached with heavy duty double sided tape. Our 1973 Mustang Convertible has the factory side molding, as part of it Appearance Protection Group option. It is the only thing I would have preferred being left off the car, as I feel it breaks the beautiful, otherwise flowing lines on the front fenders. The vert is still a gorgeous vehicle, and I would rather have it with the side molding as opposed to not having the vert at all. It is a lot of fun to drive and show, even work on.

View attachment 73473
Our convertible is nearly stock, although we have added some options that help make it a more comfortable cruising car for us. We added Classic Air A/C, a Dakota VHX analog gauge instrument panel, aa Garmin Drive 72 GPS and backup camera system, rebuilt the 42 amp alternator with a rotor with more winding, now puts out over 65 amps, added a DashCam, replaced the taillight incandescent bulb pods with a VintageLEDs.com LED taillight kit (really bright, and no separate power wire is needed for its sequential flash feature to work properly. We did install electronic Turn Signal and Emergency 4-way Light flashers.
I deleted it on my vert altho (perhaps strangely) I do like the wheel opening trim and the lower body rocker panel moldings. I have both of these as NOS and plan to install on the vert. I hope it doesn't look strange lacking the other pieces.

Hi this is AJ
I am interested in the body side moldings you have , could you send me pictures of them ?
Thanks
AJ
So far, I have found the passenger side fender trim and both doors. Pretty sure I have more. Pics this weekend.

I have located the right fender and left fender moldings. I have no door moldings for the right door or left door.

Attachments

• IMG_7935.JPG
    IMG_7935.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7934.JPG
    IMG_7934.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7933.JPG
    IMG_7933.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7932.JPG
    IMG_7932.JPG