Bond's Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I FINALLY got to watch DAF last night.
One thing for sure, the car pictured in the original post is not the movie car, or if it was it's been totally f'd up.
The movie car is definitely a 71 Mach 1 with 5E Mach 1 seats and decor group. It was owned by a Tiffany Case. (Amazing what you can find on Google!)
In the chase scene, if there was a screw up on the two wheel scene(s) they "disguised" it by making the characters appear to shift position as the car "rolled" from right to left at some point in the alley then exit on its left wheels.
Actually, this was definitely one of the better JB films. Some are pretty cheesy by today's standards.
And yes, I did watch jscott's video post.
End of story I guess.

@Stanglover "but boy, it takes you back to all the neat cars that, at the time, we took for granted"
True that. Good we've saved one or two :)
Cars of the day, yeah there's a few there I'd like to own, but as you say, we took for granted back then. They were just cars, transportation. Now they're a gold mine.
Ford must have been a heavy sponsor of the movie(s) as many of the cars on set were Fords.

That movie gave me the big body style fever as a kid, I was 10yrs old at the time.
Also my brothers 71 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 429 SCJ didn't help either. This is still on my bucket list.

Ford was a corporate sponsor of the movies for many years. Good advertising for them. Think of the brands they’ve owned. Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land Rover, Volvo. Probably more. These were the ones I know from my time working at Ford World Headquarters 97-2001.

Back