Boot Snap Studs ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
‘73 Convertible, 302 4v
I have a '73 convertible and noticed the 6 snaps to secure the boot don't appear to ever been installed or the panels may have been changed at some point. I've been looking for the correct snaps which I believe have a retainer to keep them from pulling out. Any guidance on where to buy the snaps and retainers? I'm not sure if there's a difference but all I've found so far claim they're for earlier models and don't seem very secure.

Mine are original and are the rivet type. They're backed with a 3/4"-1" flat washer. I would think you could make the ones the vendors sell for the earlier Mustangs work, though you may need to shorten the threaded studs. Check with some of your local auto trimmers for recommendations

Mine are original and are the rivet type. They're backed with a 3/4"-1" flat washer. I would think you could make the ones the vendors sell for the earlier Mustangs work, though you may need to shorten the threaded studs. Check with some of your local auto trimmers for recommendations
Thank you for the advice, I’ll try the local upholstery shops.

Back