Boss 351 on Barrett Jackson

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1971 Ranchero
Was watching them last night (Thursday) and a beautiful blue Boss rolled onto the stage....according to the announcer, these were overpriced, unpopular, did poorly at the track! I don't know about you guys, but I've always understood the Boss to be one of the quickest mustangs ever produced. Can you imagine being the person selling that car and these guys crapping all over it?

I heard the comments on the broadcast, NOT like that crew to ever say anything negative. Steve Magnante is a great addition, knows his stuff.

Lots of strong numbers, values right in there with cryptocurrency. The two B 1's, pewter at 138k and green at 198k including commission really rang the bell.
And yet the...the 71 scj mach, which with work +++ squeezed out 92 k, (the same as when listed on BAT last fall)??? Visually all I could see wrong was a late model Philco radio. Adding to the insult, the next vehicle up was a C10 custom pickup, does 180 k. Go figure.

Ya I saw that too. It was the blue boss and when I was watching they had just come back on from a commercial break. Then they pretty much just put it down and it sold for 72k. They didn’t have anything good to say except it brought pretty good money.

Was watching them last night (Thursday) and a beautiful blue Boss rolled onto the stage....according to the announcer, these were overpriced, unpopular, did poorly at the track! I don't know about you guys, but I've always understood the Boss to be one of the quickest mustangs ever produced. Can you imagine being the person selling that car and these guys crapping all over it?
The guys hosting the auctions only get excited by Chevelles, 57 Chevys and Corvettes especially with LS transplants. Mecum is the worst for this. There is also remarkable quantity of tastelessly modified garbage mobiles at the auctions over the last few years. You are correct that they do seem to hate our cars.

I heard the comments on the broadcast, NOT like that crew to ever say anything negative. Steve Magnante is a great addition, knows his stuff.
Not sure, but I don't think it was Steve who made the disparaging comments. I really like his show Junkyard Gold.

Last night a grabber green metallic boss went for something like $180k Steve did a short segment on the car before it hit the stage. Said something to the effect of it wasn't too long ago that these cars used to be seen in the parking lot, now they're on the block.

I read some comments on FB this morning that referred to “issues” with the blue car. Can anyone give me some specific insight to those observations? I saw a T-handle that differed from the original...🤨

Not sure, but I don't think it was Steve who made the disparaging comments. I really like his show Junkyard Gold.

Last night a grabber green metallic boss went for something like $180k Steve did a short segment on the car before it hit the stage. Said something to the effect of it wasn't too long ago that these cars used to be seen in the parking lot, now they're on the block.
I like Steve. He is very knowledgeable and a true enthusiast. I did not see this segment, so I going on my past observations of other hosts. I think Steve has reverence for all cars really.

1643565115818.png

Hope this is not a trend, 20K is sweet spot to be able to own these cars for fun.

The stock market is scaring the rich and they are parking cash in collectable cars, or so it seems to me. Many of the cars I watched brought double what I thought they'd bring. I may be putting mine up for sale soon. Chuck

I dont know how good of an investment a car would be though. They would have to find someone that is going to pay more than those ridiculous prices to make any profit. They would be better off buying series I or E bonds.

The stock market is scaring the rich and they are parking cash in collectable cars, or so it seems to me. Many of the cars I watched brought double what I thought they'd bring. I may be putting mine up for sale soon. Chuck
............ OR, they just have way too much money to play with. I'd love to try that just once!!

I think that's mainly it. Think about it. If you had a net worth of $100 millions, spending $200,000 in a car is merely 0.2% of it!
Indeed, so why can I not bump into one of these "people" who will fall in love with my car (and it's faults) and offer ME a 100K for it. SOLD!

Indeed, so why can I not bump into one of these "people" who will fall in love with my car (and it's faults) and offer ME a 100K for it. SOLD!
lol.... that's actually where the auction houses come into play. It is "cool" for these people to go there, be pampered and then buy a car there following emotions and not logic. Sometimes they are so busy that they are just on the phone talking with their agents.
Just look at the prices that these people pay for all kinds of random stuff that is not even related to cars. How much they pay for candles per example. A simple candle sold for $10 can be sold to these people for $100 if properly dressed and marketed at a high end shop!

Back