Boss 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAWLEE

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Often thought Ford should have gone with a more aggressive front grille design for the 351 Boss. What do you think?

Thanks for selecting one of the images or posting your own.

#3!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would look even better if it is sitting in my garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
no 3 with the pony bars added. Also is this actually your car? If so what are the rim and wheel details? Any mods to related equip to fit?

I like #3 a lot, however the original design is pretty cool. The thing I would have done differently is that, instead of the amber lamps in the grille being just decorative, I would have had them be operable amber driving lights, maybe with a separate switch to operate like the fog lamp switch on earlier cars.

"Often thought Ford should have gone with a more aggressive front grille design...."

-I wanted something more mean looking too, which is why I changed my front end to look like this.  I've always liked the '73 grill, so I adapted one to my '71 and made my version of a "cobra" grill.  I used thin gauge metal to block off the inner lamps, then covered them in a silver carbon fiber.  I left the trim off the grill to give a blacked-out look, then capped it off with LED headlamps.  Much more aggressive than OEM I think ;)

Back