BOSS 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my car on the lift this weekend for an oil change. Took a lot of time to peruse the underside of the car and took a bunch of pic. I was feeling pretty good about how it looked until I saw these two. Blue one if total BS but sure is clean. Besides not being spotless the one big difference with mine is the GearVendor overdrive, I know it is incorrect but it sure makes the car more dirveable.

IMG_0582_1.jpg
[/url

I noticed that the Saleen meeting coming up in Charlotte has a tour to RK motors in their plan. At one time RK had the original 1964 1/2 mustang vert pace car from Indy. I think it was $1,400,000 when they had it, lol. I talked with Lee Holman about it when I met with him in April. H&M did build one engine for that car it had to be able to do over 120 mph for the pace laps. Gale Halderman said he did the lettering on the drivers side by hand and 3-M came in and copied and made decal for the passenger side. I wonder if the restore had that detail?

I wish you guys could come here and see how my friend does his restores. I was there the other day and he had spent days sanding on the bottom side of a Firebird he is doing. Of course it is on rotisserie. There will be no rust pits showing and bottom will be as good as top and show primer where primer shows.

David

Back