Boss info.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newold

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Quick question The boss was not technicality produced in 72 correct? Was a R code? And wouldn’t have the boss paint on the hood ? Would it have a chrome front bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newold, Just as Don C posted this was no longer called a Boss. This  was your last chance to order a true performance engine  as the curtain was closing on the first generation Mustang. Just as on the 71 Boss, it was a solid lifter engine with no AC or AT available.

The 71 Boss hood paint treatment was unique and available only on the 71 Boss.

Since the 72 "R" HO was available in all  model Mustangs, the Mach 1 would still receive the standard urethane front bumper and all other non Mach 1 Mustangs (except some special editions) would receive their standard chrome front bumper.

Newold, Just as Don C posted this was no longer called a Boss. This  was your last chance to order a true performance engine  as the curtain was closing on the first generation Mustang. Just as on the 71 Boss, it was a solid lifter engine with no AC or AT available.

The 71 Boss hood paint treatment was unique and available only on the 71 Boss.

Since the 72 "R" HO was available in all  model Mustangs, the Mach 1 would still receive the standard urethane front bumper and all other non Mach 1 Mustangs (except some special editions) would receive their standard chrome front bumper.

Thanks. That’s what I thought. Just wanted some more clarification and back up. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back