• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Boss oil pan

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't it be the same as the Cobra jet pan? I've seen online somebody was making a repop. I didn't see a photo of the baffling though & cleaned mine up.

Boss and CJ used the same pan with the extra scraper in the rear section. The lower tray only version was the standard issue Cleveland pan. Later replacement pans for the 351M/400 did not have either tray.

Boss 351/ 351CJ pan

1674131657786.png

Last edited:
Cobra jet oil pan off of my 73CJ. It also had the boss valve covers, 4 bolt main and smaller bolt circle flywheel & will have a slightly looser converter. Stock cobra jet converter considered 10" measures just over 10 1/2. A friend of mine has a 71 Boss Cleveland and his was similar.

Attachments

• IMG_8267.JPG
    IMG_8267.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8583.JPG
    IMG_8583.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8548.JPG
    IMG_8548.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 2
Great data Paul, thank you, and I appreciate the pics.
I’d been told before that only the boss had those dual trays in the pan, which I now know was wrong.
I’m not at all familiar with the flex plate/flywheel data since I have a manual.
Thanks again for the input

Don't take my word for
Great data Paul, thank you, and I appreciate the pics.
I’d been told before that only the boss had those dual trays in the pan, which I now know was wrong.
I’m not at all familiar with the flex plate/flywheel data since I have a manual.
Thanks again for the input
Don't take my word for it. That could be a coincidence & they seemed to mix n match parts

Back