boss valvetrain

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boilermaster

Reaction score
My Car
71 fastback
Looking for a part number for (351 Boss/ HO )rocker arm pivots for 7/16'' studs.

OEM Ford and or aftermarket.

Previous owner of my 351 C 4V had purchased Crane cams (52655-16)

rocker arm conversion kit and Crane cams (99769-16 ) rocker arm adjusting nuts (7/16''-20) need pivots for 7/16''

Remember doing this conversion 20 some years ago and found all the parts then, cannot seem to locate them any more.

Boilermaster

Are you talking about the pedestal conversion kits?

I might have a set. I milled the pedestals on my heads.
Nope, planning on going with the slotted pedestal, no machining

just need 16 of the boss fulcrums for 7/16'' studs.

Boilermaster

Part # for Ford rocker arm fulcrums DOOZ-6A528-B, this replaced the original # C9ZZ-6A528-A around 11/74. Used on Boss 302, Boss 351 and 429 CJ/SCJ and police interceptor 429. Ford stock is long gone, but with other engine choices you have a better chance of finding them after market. These are listed for use with 7/16 Stud. Good luck with your project!

There is mob here in Australia that make the Trans-Am type, with the roller bearings, but they're not exactly cheap. Also there is guy over here with NOS Boss valve train parts, but they are crazy money on all the pieces and would be a hell of a lot cheaper to run a set of roller rockers unless somebody needed them for a genuine Boss or Falcon GT HO resto.

If need be, I've seen these guys selling these parts on Australian eBay and Gumtree Australia if you want to look for them, but as I said earlier, the prices are quite scary though.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is mob here in Australia that make the Trans-Am type, with the roller bearings, but they're not exactly cheap. Also there is guy over here with NOS Boss valve train parts, but they are crazy money on all the pieces and would be a hell of a lot cheaper to run a set of roller rockers unless somebody needed them for a genuine Boss or Falcon GT HO resto.

If need be, I've seen these guys selling these parts on Australian eBay and Gumtree Australia if you want to look for them, but as I said earlier, the prices are quite scary though.
After getting the correct part # from Secluff , I can easily see that it will be much easier to go to roller rockers.

Anyone got a suggestion for slotted pedestals , (no machine work) ?

Boilermaster

You can go the Crane conversion kit as posted above, or companies like Scorpion, Ford Racing make bolt on sets. The best bolt on sets I've ever come across are made here in Australia by Yella Terra (unsure if they still make them for Ford Racing) You can buy just bolt ons in adjustable or non adjustable, I've always preferred the adjustables. I've heard and seen over the years about some of the other brands not liking bigger sorts of lifts and failing, but I've personally had the bolt on YT's on some fairly hefty cams (owners to tight to upgrade) and have held up quite well without failure. With the dollar being the way it is at the moment, they just might be good buying at this time.

Back